ladypanther

Norv Turner can turn Christian McCaffrey into Panthers’ ‘premiere back’

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I can't believe we wasted so much time and talent with Shula. Pisses me off. 

Can't wait to see a guy that actually knows what he's doing and knows how to use his personnel correctly. 

Is it surprising though? Rivera is a mediocre Coach, what do you expect my good lad? 

• Pie 8
  • Poo 4

I am not totally in agreement with LT that Stewart is gone but if he used Armah (similar role as Tolbert) and Stewart (or his replacement) in the running game.  Defenses are going to have fits with this offense.  Turner using his vertical attack and Cam's throws.  Stacking the box to prevent the run will step right into what he wants to do.  

Turner will get the players he needs and IMO has many of the tools already on the roster (famous DG line) to really put us in upper echelon in offenses.   

One thing that keeps running through my mind is how often we saw Rivers scramble for a 1st down.  With receivers taking DBs down the field.  CMC and Olsen pulling LBs to cover them.  The middle of the field could be wide open for some designed and improvised runs for Cam.

With our (hopefully improved) defense and this type of offense.  Teams are not going to be happy to see the Carolina Panthers on their schedule.

2018 the Panthers are taking their throne back atop of the NFCS. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

And how many people defended him year after year because they knew no better. 

I hate that I was right about him, but from the first mention of him coming in as QB coach I didn't have a good feeling. Making him OC was a horrible decision. It's a shame chud took norv out from under our noses, but as soon he was available again we should have nabbed him. oh well...he's here now and shulas is gone. My optimism is growing again.

• Pie 4

16 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Tomlinson is about the size of McCaffrey as well. I could see it, honestly. 

Ehhhh, CMC is a touch taller, but at the combine LT weighed in 19 pounds heavier.

I think that CMC will always be a touch on the lighter side...very similar to Faulk or McCoy.

• Pie 1

A OC that actually calls plays and designs schemes that fit the strengths of your personnel? Who would've thought it.

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I hate that I was right about him, but from the first mention of him coming in as QB coach I didn't have a good feeling. Making him OC was a horrible decision. It's a shame chud took norv out from under our noses, but as soon he was available again we should have nabbed him. oh well...he's here now and shulas is gone. My optimism is growing again.

I am 9 1/2hrs ahead of EST.  So I was already sound asleep when Rivera finally pulled the plug on Shula.  When I saw it posted I was in shock.  

All I could think about is a thoroughbred horse with an overweight jockey (shula) sitting on his back expecting him to win the race.  

Now we have a Super Bowl winning Jockey ready to show what this thoroughbred horse (Cam and the offense) can do with the right jockey.

• Pie 1