Ace_Aladdin

Greg Olsen already getting acquainted with Norv Turner

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Greg-Olsen-already-getting-acquainted-with-Norv-Turner/fce61cc4-47f2-4fc9-bdff-55d3c9cc49bf

2 TE set Dilly Dilly 

Olsen and his teammates are just beginning their offseason break, but everyone has already thought about the transition that lies ahead.

It shouldn’t be too difficult for someone like Olsen, especially considering the position he plays.

“What he’s done with tight ends in the past is pretty impressive,” Olsen said.

As for the offense in general, the transition should be a seamless one since Shula and Rob Chudzinkski (Carolina’s OC from 2011-12) both ran a variation of Turner’s system.

“As far as the concepts and terminology and stuff, there is a ton of carryover,” said Olsen, who knows Carolina’s offense as well as anyone. “But just like when we transitioned from Chud to Shula, play-callers each have their own unique styles and preferences. I’m sure there will be transition as far as that goes, but the overall concepts and overall approach for the offense is very similar. I think that’s a positive and it’s a lot easier than starting from scratch. That gives us a leg up.”

Edited by sanjay_rajput

Nice. Honestly, I just want to see better calls in key situations and better pre-snap management. Shula could have some creative plays and drives but he sucked in the red zone and with situations.

Perfect example. Saints score 4 times. We score 6 times (really 7 counting Ganope’s 20ish yard miss or even 8 since we had the ball at their 21 at the end if we just needed a FG). Yet, we lose by 5.

• Pie 6

15 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Nice. Honestly, I just want to see better calls in key situations and better pre-snap management. Shula could have some creative plays and drives but he sucked in the red zone and with situations.

Perfect example. Saints score 4 times. We score 6 times (really 7 counting Ganope’s 20ish yard miss or even 8 since we had the ball at their 21 at the end if we just needed a FG). Yet, we lose by 5.

Exactly, for once I would like to see a play call where we dont have all of the WRs go vertical in the same area in 3rd & long situations. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Exactly, for once I would like to see a play call where we dont have all of the WRs go vertical in the same area in 3rd & long situations. 

Still pisses me off after CMC drew the PI and we had 48 seconds left, 1st and 10 at the 21 and we start doing end zone shots. Did Shula not realize at that point that Olsen and CMC had 200+ yards and 2 TDs? Does he not realize spiking the ball is an option? Why not go to those two over the middle and cut that 21 yards to 10 and then have 3 10 yard end zone shots where we could also use those two as well? His play calling at that point took our two best weapons out of play. Such an idiot. It’s like the Super Bowl and the second half against the Broncos week 1. He can gameplan some nice drives but when the going gets tough he falls apart and goes back to deep drops with WRs going deep and that’s not how our OL is built and that takes Olsen and CMC out of the play. 

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Deep drops ehh.... oh boy. 

It’s not just the drops, it’s doing those drops when the D is ready and waiting for them. That’s his problem. He falls back into that when he isn’t sure what to do. I think it stems from 2015 where Cam was able to bail us out with amazing throws. 

I hope that Turner's vast experience is the difference maker on offense.

I'd also like to see Rivera be more involved and run the defense.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

We need pissed off Greg Olsen in 2018.

Anyone writing him off is a fool. With a full offseason for him, and Cam, I expect big things.

Maybe we will actually hurry up in the 2 minute warning. 

12 hours ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

“As far as the concepts and terminology and stuff, there is a ton of carryover,” said Olsen, who knows Carolina’s offense as well as anyone. “But just like when we transitioned from Chud to Shula, play-callers each have their own unique styles and preferences. I’m sure there will be transition as far as that goes, but the overall concepts and overall approach for the offense is very similar. I think that’s a positive and it’s a lot easier than starting from scratch. That gives us a leg up.

Greg and his leg...