top dawg

Vrabel, new Titans HC

Vrabel was also only a one year coordinator. And per the Texans beat writers, the defense got worse under his watch.

Guess the Patriots connection was important there, but again, who has left New England and been any good?

• Pie 4

Yeah, he definitely got this job through Belichick. Fans from the Texans are actually pretty happy that a mediocre DC went to a division rival. If I was a Titans fan I would not be happy with that decision.

What has Vrabel done to earn this meteoric rise? He hasn't been an NFL DC very long and spent half of his time at the college level. It feels like a guy that's getting a cosign because he is kinda under the belichick tree and the NFL trend toward young coaches.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Vrabel was also only a one year coordinator. And per the Texans beat writers, the defense got worse under his watch.

Guess the Patriots connection was important there, but again, who has left New England and been any good?

As I've said they are the Titanic. It will probably end in disaster. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Losing Bouye, Watt, Mercilus couldn’t have helped that defense

1 hour ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Losing Bouye, Watt, Mercilus couldn’t have helped that defense

Perhaps not, but I'd still think you have to do something more positive to that that kind of recognition.