• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

Vrabel, new Titans HC

Vrabel was also only a one year coordinator. And per the Texans beat writers, the defense got worse under his watch.

Guess the Patriots connection was important there, but again, who has left New England and been any good?

Yeah, he definitely got this job through Belichick. Fans from the Texans are actually pretty happy that a mediocre DC went to a division rival. If I was a Titans fan I would not be happy with that decision.

What has Vrabel done to earn this meteoric rise? He hasn't been an NFL DC very long and spent half of his time at the college level. It feels like a guy that's getting a cosign because he is kinda under the belichick tree and the NFL trend toward young coaches.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Vrabel was also only a one year coordinator. And per the Texans beat writers, the defense got worse under his watch.

Guess the Patriots connection was important there, but again, who has left New England and been any good?

As I've said they are the Titanic. It will probably end in disaster. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Losing Bouye, Watt, Mercilus couldn’t have helped that defense

1 hour ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Losing Bouye, Watt, Mercilus couldn’t have helped that defense

Perhaps not, but I'd still think you have to do something more positive to that that kind of recognition.

The Titans have now been mathematically eliminated from the 2018 playoffs.

10 minutes ago, theballboy said:

Agree. Vrabel was very overrated. Not sure why some media were making him out to be much better than he was. 

Im a guy who believes that the NFL should get rid of the Rooney Rule, but then these stuffs happen. This is a perfect example why the Rooney Rule wont go away. And Im not pointing out hiring HCs based on color alone. Other guys that have the resume’ to be HC will never get a look bc of teams hiring guys based off coaching tree and family tree. 

What about our HC then and who he hires? He doesn't exactly hire the best and we have the entire Turner family on our staff.

He came off as a tool on Hard Knocks a few years back. Not really sure what  the big deal was about. 

33 minutes ago, pepaw said:

He came off as a tool on Hard Knocks a few years back. Not really sure what  the big deal was about. 

I met him some years back.

He is a tool.