• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Carl Spackler

Zion Williamson to Duke!!!!

Why is there an EZU loser posting in the college sub here? That athletic department is an absolute joke and probably the worst in the state aside from maybe UNCC. 

EZU is basically a community college In the south for Yankees. 

5 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Why is there an EZU loser posting in the college sub here? That athletic department is an absolute joke and probably the worst in the state aside from maybe UNCC. 

EZU is basically a community college In the south for Yankees. 

I mean, to be fair, he was disparaging Duke fans. He's alright with me. 

9 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I mean, to be fair, he was disparaging Duke fans. He's alright with me. 

What he said about duke “fans” wasn’t entirely inaccurate. 

13 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

What he said about duke “fans” wasn’t entirely inaccurate. 

Just let the man do his thing then, good sir. You think UNC wins Thursday night? 

Edited by JakeDel5674

17 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Just let the man do his thing then, good sir. You think UNC wins Thursday night? 

I think duke wins. They have a better of roster of players, I’d give them the edge on paper at ever position except the PG.  And sadly another sweep this year. The game is at home though so we got a punchers chance  

UNC has had better “teams” than duke the past couple of years and yet only managed to win a couple of games against them. To be fair, UNC was robbed by the refs in the ACCT last year against them. But who knows....if UNC wins that game a whole different scenario could have played out, so I’ll let bygones be bygones. UNC wins a natty and duke makes another no name , irrelevant hoops program famous in the NCAA tourney. 

• Beer 1

Take this with a YUGE grain of salt, but there are internet rumors floating around on various outlets that Zion could be decomitting from duke soon. Word on the street is that he has beef with RJ Barrett. Interesting!

I thought he signed today? I dont keep up with recruiting that much anymore but one of my coworkers was talking about Zion officially signing today with them.

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

I thought he signed today? I dont keep up with recruiting that much anymore but one of my coworkers was talking about Zion officially signing today with them.

I saw something on twitter about him officially signing. It was weird, like they went out of their way to make sure everyone knew ZW had signed.  Maybe there is some truth to him being disgruntled. 

On paper, this looks like one of the worst shooting teams that Koach Krybaby will have had in Durham in a while. No legit back up point guard, and will have to run small ball when Bolden is out of the game. Not to mention  those three kids they got coming in basically all play the same position and better like sharing the basketball. 

5 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I saw something on twitter about him officially signing. It was weird, like they went out of their way to make sure everyone knew ZW had signed.  Maybe there is some truth to him being disgruntled. 

On paper, this looks like one of the worst shooting teams that Koach Krybaby will have had in Durham in a while. No legit back up point guard, and will have to run small ball when Bolden is out of the game. Not to mention  those three kids they got coming in basically all play the same position and better like sharing the basketball. 

I love heels fans calling anyone a cry baby.  It makes me laugh.  Look in the mirror.  Y'all cry about Duke getting calls all the time,  like UNC doesn't get the exact same treatment. It's pretty pathetic. 

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

I love heels fans calling anyone a cry baby.  It makes me laugh.  Look in the mirror.  Y'all cry about Duke getting calls all the time,  like UNC doesn't get the exact same treatment. It's pretty pathetic. 

That's simply not true. UNC has been in the middle of the pack in that ACC the past few years in free throw differential.

People always say UNC gets the same calls Duke does and while UNC gets a lot of calls, they are not the SAME calls. Most of the calls that UNC gets are non-shooting fouls which in all honesty carry little weight on the actual game as a player fouling out is not a common commodity. Additionally, simple personal fouls have little to no bearing on the score unless a team is in the bonus.

The following is the free throw differential for each ACC team this past year:

1. Duke (+265), 2. Notre Dame (+190), 3. Syracuse (+166), 4. Clemson (+108), 5. Virginia Tech (+104), 6. FSU (+97), 7. UNC (+80), 8. Boston College (+78), 9. Georgia Tech (+47), 10. NCSU (+46), 11. Louisville (+36), 12. Miami (+30), 13. UVA (+4), 14. Pittsburgh (-58), 15. Wake Forest (-100).

Though UNC's philosophy changed and the three ball was incorporated more, UNC still lived in the paint so an argument can't be made on that basis.

I just don't see how one could form a compelling argument on how Duke is refereed like everyone else.

To me it's not a big deal because at the end of the day, players have to play. UNC's typically play well and that's all I care about.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That's simply not true. UNC has been in the middle of the pack in that ACC the past few years in free throw differential.

People always say UNC gets the same calls Duke does and while UNC gets a lot of calls, they are not the SAME calls. Most of the calls that UNC gets are non-shooting fouls which in all honesty carry little weight on the actual game as a player fouling out is not a common commodity. Additionally, simple personal fouls have little to no bearing on the score unless a team is in the bonus.

The following is the free throw differential for each ACC team this past year:

1. Duke (+265), 2. Notre Dame (+190), 3. Syracuse (+166), 4. Clemson (+108), 5. Virginia Tech (+104), 6. FSU (+97), 7. UNC (+80), 8. Boston College (+78), 9. Georgia Tech (+47), 10. NCSU (+46), 11. Louisville (+36), 12. Miami (+30), 13. UVA (+4), 14. Pittsburgh (-58), 15. Wake Forest (-100).

Though UNC's philosophy changed and the three ball was incorporated more, UNC still lived in the paint so an argument can't be made on that basis.

I just don't see how one could form a compelling argument on how Duke is refereed like everyone else.

To me it's not a big deal because at the end of the day, players have to play. UNC's typically play well and that's all I care about.

I'm sure those numbers have nothing to do with duke (and Syracuse for that matter) playing zone most of the year.  It has a lot to do with style of play on the offensive end as well. Virginia, for example, plays slow as fug. Their differential reflects that.  Look at any other year and I bet it isn't as drastic.  I will never say duke doesn't get the benefit of the doubt a lot because I'm fully aware they do.

58 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I'm sure those numbers have nothing to do with duke (and Syracuse for that matter) playing zone most of the year.  It has a lot to do with style of play on the offensive end as well. Virginia, for example, plays slow as fug. Their differential reflects that.  Look at any other year and I bet it isn't as drastic.  I will never say duke doesn't get the benefit of the doubt a lot because I'm fully aware they do.

I hate Virginia almost worse than Duke at this point. Their style of play makes me want to gauge my eyes out. 

3 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I hate Virginia almost worse than Duke at this point. Their style of play makes me want to gauge my eyes out. 

It's awful, but effective usually. I hope the tony Bennett to the hornets thing is a joke. 

On April 21, 2018 at 7:52 AM, toldozer said:

Duke didn't extensively play zone until after the back to back losses against St. John's and UNC. The first game that Duke employed the zone at above an 80% rate (other than the exhibition against Bowie State) was February 11th against Georgia Tech. Duke played zone for around 37% of the year which leads me to believe that you can't use the "zone defense argument" to expand your belief that UNC and Duke are refereed the same.

While I agree that style of play is certainly a factor, specifically in free throw differential, it is not a +185 (the free throw differential between UNC and Duke) type of factor. For example, UNC was 15th in the country in possessions per 40 last year, UVA was 351st (dead last). All in all, that amounted to UNC being +74 on UVA... and yet Duke is somehow +185 on UNC and +261 on UVA. 

Let's take a look at team opponents free throws attempted per game over the past 5 years (by rank).

UNC- 17-18: 38th / 16-17: 99th / 15-16: 58th / 14-15: 268th / 13-14: 243rd

Duke- 17-18: 7th / 16-17: 97th / 15-16: 14th / 14-15: 9th / 13-14: 148th

Duke has only been out of the top 15 twice in the above statistic in the past 5 years and the two years that they were outside of the top 15, they were sent packing before the first weekend was over in the NCAA Tournament.

So no, Duke and UNC are not refereed the same way and more often than not Duke is the NCAA's granddaughter just benefiting from home cooking.

But like I said, the players have to play. Roy does a good job at making sure Carolina's do, regardless of the circumstances.