tiger7_88

NFL.com Daniel Jeremiah's mock draft 1.0

Has the Panther selecting:

CAR.png

PICK 24  Calvin Ridley - WR, Alabama

The Panthers continue their recent trend and add another explosive weapon for Cam Newton.

Yes, please.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908233/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-10-browns-jets-fins-redskins-take-qb

Other NFC South picks:

TB.png

PICK 7  Marcus Davenport - DE, UTSA

ATL.png

PICK 26  Harrison Phillips - DT, Stanford

NO.png

PICK 27  Christian Kirk - WR, Texas A&M

• Pie 1

Wouldn't be upset with Ridley, even though I prefer a safety or DE.  But I guess we'll have to wait and see what we do in the FA to get an idea of where we'll go in the draft.  Looking forward to combine to see who falls or who goes up.  

• Pie 1

Unfortunately, imo, I don't think we'll get Ridley.  He seems like the kind of guy that shines in the combine and will dazzle scouts and take him out of our reach.  I hope he falls to us though.

We're not picking a S in round 1....get it out of your head and act like you know Panthers football.

DE/WR is more desirable anyway.

Edited by Fox007

I would love that....but disagree he will be there that late. 

Its going to highly depend on his combine and if he has any injury concerns/character issues. If he has problems with any two out of those three items he could drop a bit, although its still unlikely at this point . 

This is a really watered down year for top shelf WRs and DEs, which is bad b/c those are arguably our top 2 needs. The top 2 DEs right now are Bradley Chubb and Arden Key. All those other DEs look like 2nd round talent to me but I guess you could include Sam Hubbard, Marcus Davenport, Harold Landry , Dorance Armstrong, Duke Ejiofor, Josh Sweat. I'm sure the news of Peppers coming back is going to affect whether we take a DE early

Some notable players we might draft if they drop to us : 

• Calvin Ridley WR
  • Derwin James S
  • Darrius Guice RB
  • Connor Williams OT 
  • Mike McGlinchey OT
Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1

i was curious about ridley and watched his receptions from last year and found this little gem

this guy with CMC and samuel and byrd? yowweee!

he's not prototypical norv turner size, but still they could use him.

i think that probably courtland sutton might be a better fit. got just the right size, really good speed, and when you watch his highlights....i'm seeing bang 8's.

Would not be at all opposed to Ridley, but I'd honestly rather add a vet WR with this pending FA class and add a pass rusher or DB in the 1st round then add another WR in the mid-late rounds.

If the board fell perfectly, I'd love to take a DE, S, WR, and OT with our first 4 picks. Hell, I wouldn't even mind a double dip at DE somewhere in there. Sounds like Pep will be back for another year, Addison is good but on the wrong side of 30 too, Horton is a solid rotational guy, and then... nothing but question marks. 

• Beer 1

Ahhh, draft for defense, and for offense go get FA like wide receiver and even running backs.

cam needs some vets to play with, no more projects or wait and see players.

Draft safety, Corner, defensive end, and LB