TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Giants will go hard after Andrew Norwell

39 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

How can 2 players who have not sniffed a pro bowl or all pro nod demand top money?

Norwell is a fan fav, but he is no where near dominant enough to make the running game work without Cam Newton and deceptive plays. Easily replaceable to be honest. Star is not hard to replace either if you just want a space eater who rarely shows the ability to bring pressure when a play breaks down.

It is telling that the player Gettleman did not draft is the one he wants the most. That tells us a lot about his ability to draft players of value.

If hurney had signed Norwell as an undrafted rookie you'd be in every thread saying how it was the greatest move ever made. You're such a clown. 

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

How can 2 players who have not sniffed a pro bowl or all pro nod demand top money?

Is not knowing anything about the players on this team kinda your thing? 

• Pie 5

Every time I see this thread title I get a tingle in my pants. I would go hard after Norwell too..

Our OL is absolutely vital and key to our success. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Smoke Screen to get Hurney to Tag Norwell while he has his sights on Star.

Or try to get us to waste cap space in a bid war.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Is not knowing anything about the players on this team kinda your thing? 

that melvin claims he's deeply connected with the team and privy to a bunch of insider info.  you'd think he'd know about a former UDFA getting a first team all pro selection in a contract year.  i'm sure everyone in the building does.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

that melvin claims he's deeply connected with the team and privy to a bunch of insider info.  you'd think he'd know about a former UDFA getting a first team all pro selection in a contract year.  i'm sure everyone in the building does.

But if hurney had drafted him, he'd be in here celebrating Norwell as the greatest o lineman in the league

Edited by uncfan888

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I'm thinking they'll keep Star, and let Norwell walk. 

Nope. Star is gone

37 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

But if hurney had drafted him, he'd be in here celebrating Norwell as the greatest o lineman in the league

Gettleman whiffed on Norwell by not drafting him. It was a scout who is with Buffalo now under Beane who made the find. Now, Nate Chandler, Byron Bell at LT, Michael Oher, and Matt Kalil can all be credited to Gettleman addressing the OL. Norwell was not his. Trai Turner was his. Ryan Kalil (the best OL on the team) can be credited to Hurney.

• Pie 2

We all know your shtick, CPK. Bash everything Gettleman did while proclaiming hurney as the greatest GM in history. Like I said, you're a clown

This should prob get its own thread because we are discussing Norwell. That said, I think we should start and sticky a consolidated "Gettleman Moves" thread where we can discuss how every single thing that Gettleman does is the dumbest/best move ever. We don't need a thread every time Gettleman extends a back-up linebacker or signs an UDFA but we all know that is exactly where we are headed.

Edited by imminent rogaine
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1