We were VERY close this year to making a real run at SB52. I feel that if any of the NFC South leaders had gotten home field throughout, any of the 3 could have made the SB easily, but we have to play each other and rack up Ls. We beat 2 of the best teams in the playoffs. We aren't that far off. We obviously need to make several personnel moves, but we can get back on top of the South if things break our way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I been saying for the longest to try Worley a saftey. He is arguably the best tackler in the secondary, he loves playing off the ball anyway, and is best when he can drop back and just read the qb instead of staying with a receiver in man. Put norman in the other corner spot and draft another safety. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 4

26 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There's a whole lot of ifs in your take on the situation.  My faith in all of that happening is not as strong as yours.  But I like your optimism.

Every team has question marks going into the offseason. We're better off than most teams in that regard. We have a franchise QB, we have the best LB in football on the other side of the ball, we have some intriguing weapons on offense, a solid if not spectacular OL. We gotta do everything we can to convince Peppers to give it another go. If he retires then all of a sudden DE becomes a huge immediate need as well. It's a need as is, but more so in a developmental sense IF Pep will give us one more year.

• Pie 1

It was a mistake to let him walk but Idk if we can make it happen with same mojo or if the Panthers would want to...

37 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Norman, Bradberry, Coleman, and Worley would work

midget safeties yay!!! seriously though, that would have to be the smallest/lightest safety combo in the league.

5 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

midget safeties yay!!! seriously though, that would have to be the smallest/lightest safety combo in the league.

Worley is 6'1" 205. That's not undersized at all for a safety. Most of the top safeties in the league are in that 200-215 range.

• Pie 2

So a guy wanted too much, went somewhere else, got it, and is found not to be worth it.

The natural thing then would be to bring him back here and now pay him too much.  Yes, glad Gman is gone

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

So a guy wanted too much, went somewhere else, got it, and is found not to be worth it.

The natural thing then would be to bring him back here and now pay him too much.  Yes, glad Gman is gone

He's not going to demand nearly that much on a new deal now. And he's definitely worth more to us than Washington and other teams.

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Worley is 6'1" 205. That's not undersized at all for a safety. Most of the top safeties in the league are in that 200-215 range.

Worley would be a good safety. His tackling is excellent. I'm all for converting him