• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanuqoftheNorth

Matt's Brilliant Response

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Yeah that's an often used absurd statement. Do people even think about it before they say it? 

That's like me saying I flew and when someone ask for evidence I simply point to my belief that I flew as the evidence. What kind of idiot would that work on? .....oh wait lots like the same people who voted for Trump. People with fuged up epistomologies.

Personal belief in a deity is cool, I guess. But when that personal belief in a deity, based solely on faith being all the evidence needed, has any basis in legislating someone’s life, it’s very dangerous and threatens the very foundations of this country. 

Yet somehow people like Heel voted in a congress, executive and scored a victory in judicial, based on faith as evidence, disguised as “conservative family values” and it’s mind boggling to say the least. 

A made up skygod has this much influence on our daily lives, and this idiot Heel is spouting off nonsense wrapped in ellipses to justify a government telling us how to live our lives based on fables.   

3 hours ago, jayflip said:

Personal belief in a deity is cool, I guess. But when that personal belief in a deity, based solely on faith being all the evidence needed, has any basis in legislating someone’s life, it’s very dangerous and threatens the very foundations of this country. 

Yet somehow people like Heel voted in a congress, executive and scored a victory in judicial, based on faith as evidence, disguised as “conservative family values” and it’s mind boggling to say the least. 

A made up skygod has this much influence on our daily lives, and this idiot Heel is spouting off nonsense wrapped in ellipses to justify a government telling us how to live our lives based on fables.   

It's one thing to look at the world/universe, question existence and think something is controlling all of this stuff or started it all. It's another thing to believe stories that have been past down over the last 7000 years that break the laws of nature. They sound incredibly fictional, might as well believe Gandalf is real if you're going to believe all the other poo is true.

2 minutes ago, Cat said:

It's one thing to look at the world/universe, question existence and think something is controlling all of this stuff or started it all. It's another thing to believe stories that have been past down over the last 7000 years that break the laws of nature. They sound incredibly fictional, might as well believe Gandalf is real if you're going to believe all the other poo is true.

But is so easy.

Just based on where you are born and who your parents are you are told those 7000 year old stories and just accept them as faith.  It helps that if you really want to be a jerk you can use your stories and belief in them as a way to fight off things you are fearful of or demonize people not like you.  

It takes a lot of work to question faith and most people dont want to put the work in and leave the comfort it gives them.

On 2/12/2018 at 5:03 AM, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I finally watched the whole thing. I rarely listen or watch atheist talk about religious stuff mainly  because I make unfair assumptions based on reputations people say atheist have. I'm glad I gave him the opportunity. I have to say this guy is dead on. Great video. These are the kind of thoughts I started having that drove me away from Christianity and had me rejecting belief in any other religion. 

Thanks for sharing.