• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybodyhome

Trump is Killing It and Them Overseas

http://theconversation.com/under-the-trump-administration-us-airstrikes-are-killing-more-civilians-85154

When President Donald Trump took office in January, it was unclear whether the bombast from his campaign would translate into an aggressive new strategy against terrorism. At campaign rallies he pledged to “bomb the hell” out of the Islamic State. He openly mused about killing the families of terrorists, a blatant violation of the Geneva Conventions, which prohibits violence against noncombatants.

Ten months into his presidency, a clearer picture is emerging. The data indicate several alarming trends.

According to research from the nonprofit monitoring group Airwars, the first seven months of the Trump administration have already resulted in more civilian deaths than under the entirety of the Obama administration. Airwars reports that under Obama’s leadership, the fight against IS led to approximately 2,300 to 3,400 civilian deaths. Through the first seven months of the Trump administration, they estimate that coalition air strikes have killed between 2,800 and 4,500 civilians.

Researchers also point to another stunning trend – the “frequent killing of entire families in likely coalition airstrikes.” In May, for example, such actions led to the deaths of at least 57 women and 52 children in Iraq and Syria.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/donald-trump-syria-death-toll-campaign-military-operations-barack-obama-administration-a7844526.html

Nearly as many Iraqi and Syrian civilians have died in US-led air strikes under Donald Trump as were killed during the whole administration of Barack Obama, independent analysts say. 

As of 13 July, more than 2,200 civilians had been killed by the US-led international coalition against Isis since Donald Trump entered the White house in January - compared with the estimated 2,300 civilians who died during similar strikes between 2014 and 2016.

Roughly 80 civilians per month died in strikes under Mr Obama but this has now risen to approximately 360 per month under Mr Trump, according to research by the military tracking organisation Airwars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/trump-has-killed-more-civilians-with-illegal-drone-strikes-in-9-months-than-obama-did-in-8-years

While the mainstream media focuses on anything but the current state of U.S. intervention in the Middle East, the Trump Administration is breaking records by accumulating a horrific number of civilian deaths.

Former President Obama earned the nickname of “Drone King” when he dramatically escalated the use of drone strikes, while also downplaying the number of innocent civilians who became “collateral damage.” In the two years that his administration devoted to publicly spending millions of taxpayer dollars to fight the Islamic State group, the estimated civilian death toll ranged from 2,300 to 3,400according to Airwars, an organization tracking deaths in the war against ISIS.

President Trump has been in office for just 9 months, and he has already surpassed Obama’s murderous record with estimated numbers as high as 4,500 civilian deaths.

Trump made headlines in December 2015, when he declared that if elected, he would not only kill members of ISIS—he would also “take out their families.” He is following through on that promise, according to a report from Steven Feldstein, former U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State.

Feldstein noted that researchers have documented the rise of frequent killing of entire families in likely coalition airstrikes” under the Trump Administration. This trend led to “the deaths of at least 57 women and 52 children in Iraq and Syria” in May.

While this may come as no surprise, considering the fact that Trump promised to “bomb the hell out of ISIS” while on the campaign trail, his administration’s offensive against the Islamic State is not the only ongoing war that is killing civilians.

According to a report from United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan documenting civilian causalities during the first half of 2017, “aerial operations” led to a “43 percent increase in civilian casualties compared to the first six months of 2016, including a 67 percent increase in civilian deaths.

While Trump bragged about giving military commanders “total authorization” to make combat decisions in Afghanistan, Washington Rep. Adam Smith said he believes that this move is contributing to the increase in civilian deaths.

“You really have the military making decisions that were designed to be made by the civilian authorities running the military,” Smith said. “We’ve seen an increase in civilian casualties. … I think they’ve become a little too indiscriminate in what they’re doing.”

The report from Feldstein noted that the Trump Administration has “substantially escalated air strikes and bombings” and the U.S. military “has already used 20 percent more missiles and bombs in combined air operations in 2017 than in all of 2016.”

The alarmingly high civilian death toll has continued to build up over the months. For example, from May 23 to June 23 of this year, at least 472 civilians were killed by U.S. airstrikes. That is significantly more than the 459 civilians who have been killed by terrorist attacks in Europe—in the last 12 years.

While the argument can be made that Trump is doing the same thing Hillary Clinton would have done if she was elected, the question has to asked as to how anyone can justify killing innocent civilians in the first place.

Obama surpassed Bush’s record, and now Trump has surpassed Obama’s record—but the only thing that has actually been “accomplished” is that thousands of innocent civilians have lost their lives, hundreds of thousands of civilians have lost their homes and their communities, and the civilians who do survive in the countries the United States is targeting now, will grow up hating America for destroying their home in the name of “Freedom.”

Perfect recipe to ensure our children lives will forever be filled with terrorist for generations.   All a matter of perspective,  imagine you are just an everyday kid with an everyday family.  Your family is blown to pieces.  Naturally you will grow up hating Amercia and wanting revenge.  Because why wouldn’t you....

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Perfect recipe to ensure our children lives will forever be filled with terrorist for generations.   All a matter of perspective,  imagine you are just an everyday kid with an everyday family.  Your family is blown to pieces.  Naturally you will grow up hating Amercia and wanting revenge.  Because why wouldn’t you....

Over-simplify much?

You know nothing of terrorism and insurgency. Let's leave it there and move on.

Party animal knows the only good moo slim is a dead mooslim and they don’t hold us responsible for killin uncle Abdullah it’s like a service

only white Christians get mad and want revenge for say slamming airliners with our moms on them into buildings. 

So is the goal to make more people hate us and turn more people into "terrorists" be cause if it is he's on the right track.

31 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Party animal knows the only good moo slim is a dead mooslim and they don’t hold us responsible for killin uncle Abdullah it’s like a service

only white Christians get mad and want revenge for say slamming airliners with our moms on them into buildings. 

giphy (2).gif

9 hours ago, party_animal said:

Over-simplify much?

You know nothing of terrorism and insurgency. Let's leave it there and move on.

Well yeah, it is one post on the huddle....so yeah, it is simplified. 

you don’t think bombing the poo out of civialians creates generations that will hate us and rightfully so? 

15 minutes ago, party_animal said:

giphy (2).gif

If you are actually trying to tell me I am wrong, this is probably the worst way to do it.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:12 AM, CRA said:

Well yeah, it is one post on the huddle....so yeah, it is simplified. 

you don’t think bombing the poo out of civialians creates generations that will hate us and rightfully so? 

Well it worked for your Muslim friends. They killed iver 3000. I imagine there will generations of Americans that hate Muslims and rightfully so. I've hated the rag heads since that morning. Kill 1 American we should kill 100. kill 100 Americans we should kill 1000s.

8 minutes ago, TPanther920 said:

Well it worked for your Muslim friends. They killed iver 3000. I imagine there will generations of Americans that hate Muslims and rightfully so. I've hated the rag heads since that morning. Kill 1 American we should kill 100. kill 100 Americans we should kill 1000s.

I assume you meant to support and prove my point? 

I mean as of March 2015 we have taken out around a quarter milllion civilians in the Afghanistan/Iraq debacle.   

lol my Muslim friends.  I fully supported going into Afghanistan.  Fully supported staying on Bin Laden until the bullet was in his head.  I don’t blanketly approve of anything done in the name of 9/11 16 years later.   We don’t even know what we are doing now. 

45 minutes ago, TPanther920 said:

pretty hard to justify KT's ban when this poo is acceptable

and not to derail the thread....but Muslims and Christians don’t represent polar opposites like many choose to paint them today.

Christianity isn’t this peaceful and loving force fighting against an evil and hateful Islam.  Both religions have plenty of good/bad that is rooted and well documented in this history books of mankind. 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

and not to derail the thread....but Muslims and Christians don’t represent polar opposites like many choose to paint them today.

Christianity isn’t this peaceful and loving force fighting against an evil and hateful Islam.  Both religions have plenty of good/bad that is rooted and well documented in this history books of mankind. 

Anything that is rooted in magical thinking and claims faith is a pathway to truth is harmful the the human race.  The sooner these mythological stories are deposited in the dustbin of history the better for all mankind.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, TPanther920 said:

Why did you kill all those kids in Florida btw

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Turnip

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts