• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanuqoftheNorth

2019 Military Budget: Pentagon Wins, American Taxpayers Lose

17 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

sounds great actually. make war something you do to defend yourself, not a make-work job. 

yeah im fine with ending that bullshit too

don't care. remove them imo. bring those welfare queens home and make them take a real job

yeah this aggressive foreign policy is extremely expensive. we should change the policy and stop throwing away trillions for illegal wars imo

"threats"

don't care

nice way of saying "imperialism" imo

we're pretty good at killing the "wrong" people from what i've seen reported in iraq and afghanistan over the years. maybe stop bombing countries for bad reasons if you're worried about killing the "wrong" people imo. seems cheaper too.

don't care. i would spend exactly $0 to make sure a troop is more likely to live while waging wars of aggression for Real Bad Reasons

lol who wrote this orientalist bullshit

yeah the swarthy horde just feed themselves into the grinder unlike us nice enlightened americans who actually value our own lives as well as the lives around us. (pay no attention to those who have starved to death or died of treatable illness in iraq and yemen)

don't care but would be interested to see how different military spending around the world would be if basically the entire planet outside of western europe wasn't faced with the threat of cia coup, american-backed proxy war or direct intervention.

anyway im bored with this. i know you didn't write it so don't take this as an attack. i know this type of fw:fw:fw:fw will appeal to the type of people who believe the US military is a fundamentally good thing that fights good battles worth winning. the author makes a lot of assumptions that will go unquestioned by most and really that's the biggest problem here.

Like I said, it's not there to change minds. It's there for people looking for more than "yep, take a hatchet" in the discussion. I suppose your "don't care; don't believe it" response sums up how well that's going to work out.

Adding another post because trying to edit breaks my browser.

Likewise, my response wasn't intended to be an attack on you. It's just more of a "disappointed dad" response to how shitty conversations are in the tinderbox now.

An effective first step at disarming an institution is to defund it.  Hence, taking a hatchet to the budget is a crucial first step to keep money from being squirreled away to get misplaced or lost.  The next thing that happens is that bureaucrats begin screaming about their "lost revenue".  The appropriate step in that situation is to then proceed to have them justify their expenditures/needs towards the ends of primary objectives.

Lots of bureaucrats mad.... cry me a river

55 minutes ago, Chimera said:

Like I said, it's not there to change minds. It's there for people looking for more than "yep, take a hatchet" in the discussion. I suppose your "don't care; don't believe it" response sums up how well that's going to work out.

"don't care" and "don't believe it" are two different things. i believe that it's expensive to do what america wants to do. that alone isn't enough unless the audience makes the same assumptions as the author. imo drastic cuts would be accompanied by drastic shifts in policy as well.

18 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

sounds great actually. make war something you do to defend yourself, not a make-work job. 

yeah im fine with ending that bullshit too

don't care. remove them imo. bring those welfare queens home and make them take a real job

yeah this aggressive foreign policy is extremely expensive. we should change the policy and stop throwing away trillions for illegal wars imo

"threats"

don't care

nice way of saying "imperialism" imo

we're pretty good at killing the "wrong" people from what i've seen reported in iraq and afghanistan over the years. maybe stop bombing countries for bad reasons if you're worried about killing the "wrong" people imo. seems cheaper too.

don't care. i would spend exactly $0 to make sure a troop is more likely to live while waging wars of aggression for Real Bad Reasons

lol who wrote this orientalist bullshit

yeah the swarthy horde just feed themselves into the grinder unlike us nice enlightened americans who actually value our own lives as well as the lives around us. (pay no attention to those who have starved to death or died of treatable illness in iraq and yemen)

don't care but would be interested to see how different military spending around the world would be if basically the entire planet outside of western europe wasn't faced with the threat of cia coup, american-backed proxy war or direct intervention.

anyway im bored with this. i know you didn't write it so don't take this as an attack. i know this type of fw:fw:fw:fw will appeal to the type of people who believe the US military is a fundamentally good thing that fights good battles worth winning. the author makes a lot of assumptions that will go unquestioned by most and really that's the biggest problem here.

Jesus Christ you're a fuging moron.  You literally have no concept of anything from a global or historic perspective and are God Damned proud of your ignorance.  

9 minutes ago, tondi said:

Jesus Christ you're a fuging moron.  You literally have no concept of anything from a global or historic perspective and are God Damned proud of your ignorance.  

troop spotted lol

cry about it. get mad about it. idc. just keep your filthy fuging hands out of my pocket, "hero"

We're falling behind in almost all other categories in the world but hey, let's keep being SUPER far ahead of the world in military.    Imagine what could be done with those funds placed in better spots, and, to shore up the military spending?    Who DOESN'T agree the military budget is a bloated mess.   It seems most democrats, independents, libertarians, and conservative republicans (not this new breed of Trumpsters) agree.  

You know what makes a nation stronger?

A productive and educated/innovative citizenry.

Investing money in education and training is a much wiser use of our limited tax dollars than building more bombs and weapons systems to maintain and already overextended military empire.

30 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

It seems most democrats, independents, libertarians, and conservative republicans (not this new breed of Trumpsters) agree.  

if serious, transformative cuts were on the table i suspect you would see less agreement

2 hours ago, Zaximus said:

It seems most democrats, independents, libertarians, and conservative republicans (not this new breed of Trumpsters) agree.  

Fiscal conservatives are few and far between in congress.  I honestly doubt any exist these days. 

Dems and Pubs are corporatists.  Congress gave the military more than even Trump asked for and what he asked for was outrageous.  Now our "representatives" can go back home and tell the voters about all the jobs they've created for their districts while leaving out the part about how the things produced by those jobs will result in the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent civilians, with millions more left homeless overseas.

How bad is it?  We are prosecuting undeclared warfare in more places than even our former Secretary of Defense under Obama could recall when asked for a specific number.  Things have only gotten worse under Trump, as he has delegated such decisions to the military.

The American public is largely oblivious to our military imperialism, which makes it all possible to being with.