Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNCC Belk College of Business

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah I was going to say Raleigh isn't exactly a small college town.

Oh boy, do we have to have the Charlotte > Raleigh debate? Raleigh's growth and size is primarily a function of the 3 major universities located in it or very near by. RTP didn't form there because the weather is nice...I also have to bring in the whole State Capital disqualifier for my theory (you could argue against me on USC in Columbia as well). Capitals naturally are going to have a university and a natural size increase simply from being a Capital city so they skew things...

Tensor is right though, the somewhat less stringent standards to make it into the general university are laxer than some of the state counterparts up I-85 but thats done on purpose as they server a large metropoiltan community. The individual schools within the college serve as the gatekeeper and are much more selective.

Posted

UNCC needs a law school.

Posted

This is stupid. I'm not going to argue with you about technicalities and semantics. UNCC doesn't suffer from a geographic problem, it suffers from student body problem. You could pick UNCC up and drop it in the middle of nowhere and it wouldn't change the apathetic attitude of many of the students. Charlotte actually having things to do is just a convenience for people who want to avoid the university outside of their classes.

Posted

My wife is in the Wealth Management department at BB&T and she has talked about going back to school, they told her going to UNCC will not benefit her, Wake Forest on the other hand....

BB&T projected to hire about 300 students this year... Kind of sad when only 4 come from UNCC.

Another sad thing is UNCC MBA program professor told me not to come to UNCC for masters program if I want to achieve something in my life.

Posted

Oh well the school sucks, you guys are right. Don't go there.

Posted

Charlotte students that will be graduating with in the next year are getting jobs. The standards have been raised in the Belk College of Business and all of the UNC Charlotte summer interns at Bank of America have job offers on the table. Their peers have been called to additional rounds of interviews for FMAP, Middle Office, and CW. The number of call backs is much higher than was stated previously. The new Dean is making a big difference.