• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucky

Uranium One informant says Moscow paid millions in bid to influence Clinton

FBI informant who spied on Russian firm that bought Uranium One says Moscow paid MILLIONS to influence Hillary Clinton while the deal was under review

• The congressional committees searching for Hillary Clinton's alleged wrongdoing in the Uranium One deal are talking with a former FBI informant  
  • William Douglas Campbell, a lobbyist, is providing documents to Congress about his undercover work investigating the Russian firm Rosatom
  • Rosatom bought Uranium One after getting U.S. government approval in 2010, gaining control of 20 per cent of America's uranium supply
  • Hillary Clinton, then secretary of State, approved the deal along with other top Obama administration officials
  • Campbell says Russia paid APCO Worldwide $3 million for lobbying; the firm was also expected to work for the Clinton Foundation for free
  • APCO provided more than $1 million in 'in kind' pro-bono services, which Republicans say were a way to unethically curry favor with Clinton
  • Bill Clinton also got a $500,000 speaking fee from a Russian bank tied to the Uranium One deal 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5369935/FBI-informant-Russia-paid-influence-Clinton-uranium.html

The Justice Department officials also said during the briefing that they considered the whistleblower, who has been identified in media reports as William Campbell, too unreliable to use as a witness due to inconsistencies in his story

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/02/the-justice-department-has-apparently-debunked-the-gops-phony-uranium-one-scandal/

Yeh well Moscow attacked our country by trolling and hacking the poo out of the 2016 election. 

BTW, all I got out of this was that Russian interests hired the services of a lobbyist to lobby for the deal.

That isnt illegal or nefarious assuming the lobbyist registered as a foreign agent.  The only people who could get in trouble here is if the lobbying firm wasn't registered.

Some of the donations that the article talks about have already been investigated by the FBI and I believe they are being investigated again.

Also keep in mind that the Daily Mail is akin to the National Enquirer in Britain.

4 hours ago, stirs said:

vast right wing conspiracy

pretty much, Uranium One has turned into fan fiction to hopefully muddy up and discredit the other party as one knows it will soon take a bloodbath

for anyone going all in on this Uranium One nonsense

just realize you are buying in and now selling Russian nonsense that is now willingly peddled by right wing outlets....with the only goal of muddying our world and making those attack others out of desperation because they know their side is currently fuged (instead of focusing on the issue Russia has an asset in our WH)

and yeah, Clinton was horrible.  Not horrible enough that Americans should be willing to overlook a Russian asset bluntly being one in the WH.  Which has greater negative impact on our country/world now....compromised Trump in the most powerful position in the world or an irrelevant and Clinton with now power.  Time for folks to prioritize for the country and world instead of being so comically stubborn of the fact that you got duped.

3 hours ago, teeray said:

BTW, all I got out of this was that Russian interests hired the services of a lobbyist to lobby for the deal.

That isnt illegal or nefarious assuming the lobbyist registered as a foreign agent.  The only people who could get in trouble here is if the lobbying firm wasn't registered.

Some of the donations that the article talks about have already been investigated by the FBI and I believe they are being investigated again.

Also keep in mind that the Daily Mail is akin to the National Enquirer in Britain.

I don't disagree with you, just just want to correct the last part. The daily mail is a legitimate news outlet. Its Britain's second largest circulated paper behind the sun. Its decidedly conservative but its not akin to the national enquirer.

I find myself having to correct this all the time from people here and otherwise. People either seem to get it confused with the "daily star" or get confused from the fact that its "tabloid" style paper - this refers to its page size and layout but not its content.

18 hours ago, Floppin said:

I don't disagree with you, just just want to correct the last part. The daily mail is a legitimate news outlet. Its Britain's second largest circulated paper behind the sun. Its decidedly conservative but its not akin to the national enquirer.

I find myself having to correct this all the time from people here and otherwise. People either seem to get it confused with the "daily star" or get confused from the fact that its "tabloid" style paper - this refers to its page size and layout but not its content.

I think of it akin to the Ny Post.  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    archer4364

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts