• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hepcat

Will training camp move under new ownership?

Since the Panthers were founded, training camp has been held at founder Jerry Richardson's alma mater, Wofford. Is it safe to assume training camp would move under new ownership or would they keep the tradition alive? 

If Navarro buys it I think it stays, he has tons of ties to Spartanburg. Otherwise it will of course just depend on the owner.

Probably will eventually.  They may not for a couple of years but it will happen at some point.  Out with the old and in with the new.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Probably will eventually.  They may not for a couple of years but it will happen at some point.  Out with the old and in with the new.

That does extend to the GM too,  you know. 

That's what I've said all along. 

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That does extend to the GM too,  you know. 

That's what I've said all along. 

I know that.  I just dread the extended incompetence until the house is cleaned of every last one of JR cronies.  

7 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Probably to the beaches of Spain since that's where all the fat English vacation and we'll be the London Panthers.

7 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Plenty of athletic compounds fairly close to Wembley Stadium that would be easily accommodated to American football.

chill

I believe that it will stay in SC for now but if the new owner wants to build a facility with an indoor field somewhere in Charlotte then I could see it moving in a few years. I have no knowledge of how many teams do but I know a lot of teams have separate facilities that are not in their stadium like the Panthers have.

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I believe that it will stay in SC for now but if the new owner wants to build a facility with an indoor field somewhere in Charlotte then I could see it moving in a few years. I have no knowledge of how many teams do but I know a lot of teams have separate facilities that are not in their stadium like the Panthers have.

I agree. Whoever buys the team won’t make immediate changes because we are profitable and stable. In time they will put in place a larger plan. If that plan includes a retail and shopping facility with parking around a practice and multi use facility training camp is immediately gone. If a new owner wants to reach more fans he could take it on the road. If a new owner wants to distance himself from JR he could move it. I  see more reasons to move it than keep it in Spartanburg honestly unless the new owner wants it personally. 

I mean we are putting a new dome on the state line by Carowinds.... So maybe it'll be a football complex and we'll finally have an indoor training facility.........

I'll see myself out...