• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paa Langfart

Rae Carruth Letter - breaking the silence

Screwed up his son's  life and ended a beautiful young woman's.   Of the three, he gets the best deal.  No pity here.  I understand remorse for your actions, reflection, etc.  But not at the expense of others.

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

I believe in forgivness

Not our place to forgive him.  That power is left to his victims.

I’m ignorant to the legality of how that would work. Would a judge honestly grant Rae the right to be sole custodian of a child that he was proven guilty of putting in harms way and killing the mother?

I believe is second chances for convicts that do their time.

The man has ( or will have shortly) paid his debt to society. I say let him attempt to pay the debt he owes to the boy.  Slowly,  cautiously, and for the love of all that's Holy in a supervised way but there is no justice in continuing to make Caruth suffer if he is a reformed and repentant man.

The nerve of this letter blows my mind. You killed her daughter and handicapped her grandson. Any grievances he has pale in comparison to that. Be thankful that you get to even see the sun again, let alone your son you POS.

God can forgive him but I dont he doesn't deserve it. Your son or his mother will never get a second chance why should you?

1 minute ago, Inimicus said:

I believe is second chances for convicts that do their time.

The man has ( or will have shortly) paid his debt to society. I say let him attempt to pay the debt he owes to the boy.  Slowly,  cautiously, and for the love of all that's Holy in a supervised way but there is no justice in continuing to make Caruth suffer if he is a reformed and repentant man.

Justice....??

Rae Curuth should have been dead long ago if there was justice

Just now, TPanther920 said:

Justice....??

That may be your idea of justice.

But our judicial system said justice was 18 - 24 years of incarceration.

The privilege of not spending the rest of his life behind bars is his forgiveness, now he's just being greedy. 

10 minutes ago, TPanther920 said:

Justice....??

So would Fred Lane's wife. 

It's a messed up situation, so messed up.    The only thing he should have put in the letter is the public apology and his plea to have a part in his son's life.     I don't know what the rest really accomplished.     I don't blame the grandmother for doing what she has to do to take care of the child, even IF there was some lies or whatever.      But if we don't believe, after serving his time, that he should have a chance to be part of society and all that, then why even have jail?    He IS right that the grandmother won't live forever, and if he's truly prepared to dedicate his life to taking care of the child, he should have the chance, obviously under watchful eye at first.    

14 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

The nerve of this letter blows my mind. You killed her daughter and handicapped her grandson. Any grievances he has pale in comparison to that. Be thankful that you get to even see the sun again, let alone your son you POS.

The fact that he won't answer any questions "about the specifics of the night that Cherica was shot multiple times" and the fact that he refers to the murder as "the incident" speaks to me that its all an act... he's playing the role of "the repentant" hoping to get the advantages of the real thing.

If he was truly sorry, he'd be EAGER to divulge the details of what happened.  The saying "Confession is good for the soul" is widely used for a reason... because its true.

It was a MURDER, you bastard... not an INCIDENT.