• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Round 2 Safety - Kyzir White - WVU

I feel like safety is a strong possibility in round 2 this year. 

As such, Keep an eye on WVU's Kyzir White. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/kyzir-white?id=2560097

This sounds like a Ron Rivera strong safety to me. 

"Gift wrapped, NFL-ready frame with good length and well-distributed musculation. Expected to carry more weight and transition to hybrid role. Comes from athletic family that is highly supportive. Team captain and true team leader. Plays every down with the same level of grit and urgency -- even when he's away from the ball. Quick to diagnose. Supports run with vigor along the edge and in contain. Forceful hitter. Thumps and engulfs targets while running his feet to finish. Quick to diagnose play-action and retreat into coverage. Very physical with tight ends in man coverage. Has movement, size, and hands making it hard to finesse throws over him without risking a turnover. Absolute freight train as a blitzer who looks to leave a mark on the quarterback."

Have been wanting a young playmaker at the safety position on this team for as long as I can remember.

11 minutes ago, mjligon said:

IDK.

A Ron Rivera strong safety is required to be pushing 40.

giphy.gif

Drafting ANYTHING at safety would be a welcomed addition.  Just hope he has better injury luck than his brother

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like safety is a strong possibility in round 2 this year. 

As such, Keep an eye on WVU's Kyzir White. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/kyzir-white?id=2560097

This sounds like a Ron Rivera strong safety to me. 

"Gift wrapped, NFL-ready frame with good length and well-distributed musculation. Expected to carry more weight and transition to hybrid role. Comes from athletic family that is highly supportive. Team captain and true team leader. Plays every down with the same level of grit and urgency -- even when he's away from the ball. Quick to diagnose. Supports run with vigor along the edge and in contain. Forceful hitter. Thumps and engulfs targets while running his feet to finish. Quick to diagnose play-action and retreat into coverage. Very physical with tight ends in man coverage. Has movement, size, and hands making it hard to finesse throws over him without risking a turnover. Absolute freight train as a blitzer who looks to leave a mark on the quarterback."

100% on this train & any other FS/SS similar to him or Hooker!

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, mjligon said:

IDK.

A Dave Gettelman strong safety is required to be pushing 40.

Corrected

Ron wanted Mitchell to stay?

Sanjay derailed a good thread... maybe jangler can save it with some YouTube videos...

seriously though I like this kid and would be thrilled with taking him in the 2nd.

If he is what the draft report says, then I am all on board. Clearly from an athletic family with specimen Kevin Wwhite as brother; I'd just hope he is a little more durable.

Can’t comment on this specific player, but the first priority at either safety position has to be coverage ability. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BPAPP

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts