• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verge

It's that time of the year for me.

Been talking to my friend (a nfl scout) about some of the prospects in the draft, and as I do every year, I will drop the things that I am hearing from him here that maybe isn't being heard elsewhere. 

Mike Hughes is the best CB in the draft and is a top 15 pick (off field character concerns may push Ward ahead in draft order) 
Calvin Ridley is a blue chip wide receiver prospect and is far ahead of what Corey Davis was coming out 
The top two quarterbacks in this class are better than any qb coming out in five years besides Carson Wentz 
Connor Williams is the best tackle prospect in this draft as opposed to Mike McGlinchey 
People are sleeping on Stanford defensive tackle Harrison Philips, UTEP guard Will Hernandez, Georgia running back Nick Chubb, Iwoa center James Daniels, and Louisville corner Jaire Alexander, all of which he expects to go within the top 40. 

I'll drop whatever else I hear from him here. 

My favorite thread. Thoughts on other wide receivers... safeties?

Lots of people could sleep on Will Hernandez,  he is a really big guy.  I would say 2 normal sized people and at least 1 dog or 3 children and maybe 2 dogs. 

Carolina should trade down into the 2nd round and pick up another 3rd.  With WR and RB being deep. Go DE, OT/G in round 2 then WR/RB/S in the 3rd round.

Thanks Verge, I loved this last year. I really like Nick Chubb and I hope we get him in the second. I’ve been saying Mcglinchey is a tad overrated. Dude gets crushed by speed rushers.

No problem guys, I told him I made this, so if you have any questions, throw them my way and I'll ask. 

2 hours ago, Jaxel said:

My favorite thread. Thoughts on other wide receivers... safeties?

A couple guys we have talked about that maybe people aren't talking about in the first three rounds:
James Washington 
Keke Coutee 
DJ Moore 
Justin Reid 
Marcus Allen 
Jessie Bates

1 hour ago, bababoey said:

Lots of people could sleep on Will Hernandez,  he is a really big guy.  I would say 2 normal sized people and at least 1 dog or 3 children and maybe 2 dogs. 

He’s one of the G/Cs I want. Daniels as well. That’s what I want at 1.24. Strength of the draft will help the running game and fits right into Norwell’s spot and for Daniels slips to C in 2019 while we bring along another G and Moton replaces the other Kalil. Turner and Williams paid a lot, other 3 on rookie deals.

Hopefully, WR in FA so that we aren’t reaching. Heck if Billy Price falls take him with one of the 3rds or trade up. OL set for years. 

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

Carolina should trade down into the 2nd round and pick up another 3rd.  With WR and RB being deep. Go DE, OT/G in round 2 then WR/RB/S in the 3rd round.

You trust Hurney with 2nd and 3rd rounders?

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

You trust Hurney with 2nd and 3rd rounders?

What are you worried about.  If he screws up the picks, he will be replaced next year by new ownership.  If he succeeds, he would have drafted good players and will still be replaced by new ownership.  Win Win.

Just now, chknwing said:

What are you worried about.  If he screws up the picks, he will be replaced next year by new ownership.  If he succeeds, he would have drafted good players and will still be replaced by new ownership.  Win Win.

I'm worried about missing out on cheap good players that are on 4 year contracts....but you are right...at least Hurney will be gone either way.

Thanks for the pick me up.

Thanks Verge.

If I recall correctly, your friend is not a Panthers scout. An NFL scout, but not with us.

Most intriguing question to me would be what he thinks of Orlando Brown. Also Shaquem Griffin.

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thanks Verge.

If I recall correctly, your friend is not a Panthers scout. An NFL scout, but not with us.

Most intriguing question to me would be what he thinks of Orlando Brown. Also Shaquem Griffin.

You are right, he is not with the Panthers. 

People are really overreacting to Brown's combine, he did hurt himself, but he isn't going to tank out of the first three rounds. Griffin is an anomaly, no one seems to know where to put him because of his hand, he obviously helped himself. "If I had to guess, somewhere in the 4th round"  

6 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

What did he say aboit TEs

Didn't really delve into it, I'll ask him when we talk again though, any specific questions?