• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Captain Morgan

Panthers are 24 million under the cap

1 minute ago, panther4life said:

True but I think the 3rd round pick trumps the nothing part all day. We would have had to cut him, hence killing any chance of a comp pick for him. 

It doesn’t trump having to play Clay, Bersin and Frazier in a playoff game. And he would become a FA when they didn’t exercise his 5th year option. Doesn’t have to be cut. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

It doesn’t trump having to play Clay, Bersin and Frazier in a playoff game. And he would become a FA when they didn’t exercise his 5th year option. Doesn’t have to be cut. 

The 5th year option was already exercised (that decision has to made almost a full year in advance). So yes he would have had to of been cut. If you feel like he was more valuable for a half of a season (assuming he remained healthy) than obtaining the third round pick for him, then we will just have to agree to disagree on the front. Also you mentioned 3 players had to play in his absence. 2 of them still would have seen playing time regardless.

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Who said we would made the playoffs with Benjamin and Funchess plodding around the field?

Edited by Car123

8 minutes ago, panther4life said:

The 5th year option was already exercised (that decision has to made almost a full year in advance). So yes he would have had to of been cut. If you feel like he was more valuable for a half of a season (assuming he remained healthy) than obtaining the third round pick for him, then we will just have to agree to disagree on the front. Also you mentioned 3 players had to play in his absence. 2 of them still would have seen playing time regardless.

I can’t find a real answer. So you may be right. If you found it or have a link, I would like to see it. I don’t doubt you but can’t find it.

And no, the logic behind the KB trade is sound. Just not when there is no other  plan to bring in anything else at WR. We were 5-3. Not 1-7. If we’re 5-3 this year, would it be a good idea to trade Funchess and Daryl Williams? And none of those 3 are on the field much if KB is there. 

43 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think two things have to happen to bring in a good (see: Watkins, Sammy; Moncrief, Donte), not mediocre (see: Shepard, Russell; Avant, Jason)....

- Cut Russell Shepard ($2M savings)

- Ryan Kalil paycut down to $5M ($4.6M savings)

This equates to an extra $6.6M for us to spend in FA, putting us at ~$27M after Gano signing to go out and get Peppers, WR1, SAF, QB2, etc. 

Hell, I'd cut Colin Jones and Fozzy to add an extra $2.2M if need be as well..... now we're almost back up to that $30M number. 

Soul - I can't understand Moncrief.  The colts have 75m in cap and only 1 legit WR (Hilton).  How are they letting Moncrief walk? 

Also, you're not getting 2.2 for cutting Jones and Fozzy.  You have to replace those guys and the min is around .5k.  The best you can do is get 2 new scrubs and about 1m.

13 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Who said we would made the playoffs with Benjamin and Funchess plodding around the field?

It’s no fun replying to someone who runs and hides when someone asks him any question. It’s like pistol-whipping a blind kid at this point. Go play elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I can’t find a real answer. So you may be right. If you found it or have a link, I would like to see it. I don’t doubt you but can’t find it.

And no, the logic behind the KB trade is sound. Just not when there is no other  plan to bring in anything else at WR. We were 5-3. Not 1-7. If we’re 5-3 this year, would it be a good idea to trade Funchess and Daryl Williams? And none of those 3 are on the field much if KB is there. 

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=when+do+nfl+teams+have+to+exercise+5th+year+option&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Just now, Toomers said:

I know when you have to exercise it. You said he has to cut. Where in those links did you find that?

You don’t need a link for that?? Either you pay him the option you exercised or you cut him? Not sure what you’re looking for.

5 minutes ago, panther4life said:

You don’t need a link for that?? Either you pay him the option you exercised or you cut him? Not sure what you’re looking for.

The rule in the CBA that says he must be cut instead just becoming a FA. 

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

The rule in the CBA that says he must be cut instead just becoming a FA. 

The rule is once you exercise the option, if the player remains on your roster on the first day of the league year then his salary becomes fully guaranteed. So if you don’t want the player and don’t want to fully guarantee his salary for that 5th year the only option is to cut him.

you can’t just say oh never mind, you’re a free agent now unless you cut the player.

Just now, panther4life said:

The rule is once you exercise the option, if the player remains on your roster on the first day of the league year then his salary becomes fully guaranteed. So if you don’t want the player and don’t want to fully guarantee his salary for that 5th year the only option is to cut him.

you can’t just say oh never mind, you’re a free agent now unless you cut the player.

That’s fine. Just show me where that is written in the CBA agreement. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

That’s fine. Just show me where that is written in the CBA agreement. 

At this point you’re just being a troll. How the fug else can a player under contract walk in free agency unless you cut them?

4 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Still waiting on that Shep cut...

He's staying for his value on ST, Rivera or Hurney pretty much already said this. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CatMan72 said:

He's staying for his value on ST, Rivera or Hurney pretty much already said this. 

Thanks I didn’t know that....poop