• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Free Agency Notes and Speculation

Starting with who got tagged and who didn't...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

33 year old Alan Branch could be a real possibility for us if/when Star signs with another team.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

33 year old Alan Branch could be a real possibility for us if/when Star signs with another team.

Not so sure.  I get the impression he's done.

(the Patriots certainly seem to think so)

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not so sure.  I get the impression he's done.

(the Patriots certainly seem to think so)

Patriots also thought Kyle Love was done...

Just now, thomas96 said:

Patriots also thought Kyle Love was done...

Valid point.

Fair to note that Branch is 33, though.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, KaseKlosed said:

According to who

I don't think he's serious.

It's about five or six days too early to try and credibly troll people.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Valid point.

Fair to note that Branch is 33, though.

I'm not arguing for him, I don't really think he would offer much either. Was just commenting on the point that the Pats think he's done doesn't really mean much. Many Pats fans thought he should've been playing down the stretch but he was a healthy scratch. Belichick does make a lot of mistakes too, like trading for Ealy and benching Butler this year...

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

I'm not arguing for him, I don't really think he would offer much either. Was just commenting on the point that the Pats think he's done doesn't really mean much. Many Pats fans thought he should've been playing down the stretch but he was a healthy scratch. Belichick does make a lot of mistakes too, like trading for Ealy and benching Butler this year...

No, I gotcha.

FYI: One other interesting note from Grossi.  He's vehemently opposed to the Browns taking Barkley number one.  Says it should be quarterback or nothing because Cleveland has screwed the pooch on quarterback too many times to risk losing out on the best option.

33 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Is Haloti Ngata healthy?  he might be a solid option at DT

He's healthy but really a shell of himself. I really want him though because he fits our system of rotating DTs. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

He's healthy but really a shell of himself. I really want him though because he fits our system of rotating DTs. 

That man was a beast back in the day. Wondered what happened to him

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: One other interesting note from Grossi.  He's vehemently opposed to the Browns taking Barkley number one.  Says it should be quarterback or nothing because Cleveland has screwed the pooch on quarterback too many times to risk losing out on the best option.

Unless they aren’t in love with any QB and decide to add one first in free agency. Think about it. Why even attempt to trade for AJ Mccarren during the season? They had been scouting during the season and knew who the top QB prospects were at that point. They also knew with a winless record, all they had to do was stay the course and they’d end up with the 1st pick and dibs on drafting “their” guy.

But they chose to try and trade for AJ any way. Unless that was a huggggge smokescreen, I could see them not being in love with any of these guys. Darnold blows, Josh Allen isn’t a winner, Baker has the intangibles but not the size...Rosen is probably the best option but is he good enough to get that excited about? I dunno