Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Free Agency Notes and Speculation

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Is it just me or is this first week of FA one of the craziest, most fluid we've seen in a long while?

It's great, even though Panthers haven't done anything. still great 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


All I know is this: Cam knows how this business works. He knows how much his contract counts against the cap. He knows he could potentially restructure to give the Panthers more money to improve his weapons. I don't want to hear him complaining about not winning or not having enough talent around him. 

Yes, Matt Kalil didn't have a great season and was vastly overpaid. However, you want protection? Panthers spend big money attempting to protect your blindside. Even if it was a fail, Kalil still seemed better than other options. Panthers didn't intentionally hurt Oher. But they did have to try to replace him. 

Cam is either more worried about winning, or more worried about money. It can't be both. So if he is unwilling to sacrifice some of his multiple millions of dollars in order to have a better shot at a Super Bowl, then I don't want to hear him complain when he doesn't have a ring.

 

That goes for anyone who has a massive contract knowing this team has holes and they could take a cut to help the team with more success.

  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam Newton's contract looks like a damn bargain in contrast to what's getting thrown around in free agency. Sam Bradford is going to have practically the same cap hit as Cam Newton this year. Sam. Bradford.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

All I know is this: Cam knows how this business works. He knows how much his contract counts against the cap. He knows he could potentially restructure to give the Panthers more money to improve his weapons. I don't want to hear him complaining about not winning or not having enough talent around him. 

Yes, Matt Kalil didn't have a great season and was vastly overpaid. However, you want protection? Panthers spend big money attempting to protect your blindside. Even if it was a fail, Kalil still seemed better than other options. Panthers didn't intentionally hurt Oher. But they did have to try to replace him. 

Cam is either more worried about winning, or more worried about money. It can't be both. So if he is unwilling to sacrifice some of his multiple millions of dollars in order to have a better shot at a Super Bowl, then I don't want to hear him complain when he doesn't have a ring.

 

That goes for anyone who has a massive contract knowing this team has holes and they could take a cut to help the team with more success.

This is asinine.  Cam is the ABSOLUTE LAST PLAYER that needs to give up any money.  Put any other QB with the weapons and protection he has had since Gettleman took over and we don't have a single playoff appearance.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could be GM for five minutes. I'd clear up nearly $10M in cap space and we'd lose practically nothing. Ryan Kalil, it's been real brother. Thanks for the run. We'll miss you, buddy. Russell Shepard... damn man. Well done fleecing us out of that coin. Bye now.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

All I know is this: Cam knows how this business works. He knows how much his contract counts against the cap. He knows he could potentially restructure to give the Panthers more money to improve his weapons. I don't want to hear him complaining about not winning or not having enough talent around him. 

Yes, Matt Kalil didn't have a great season and was vastly overpaid. However, you want protection? Panthers spend big money attempting to protect your blindside. Even if it was a fail, Kalil still seemed better than other options. Panthers didn't intentionally hurt Oher. But they did have to try to replace him. 

Cam is either more worried about winning, or more worried about money. It can't be both. So if he is unwilling to sacrifice some of his multiple millions of dollars in order to have a better shot at a Super Bowl, then I don't want to hear him complain when he doesn't have a ring.

 

That goes for anyone who has a massive contract knowing this team has holes and they could take a cut to help the team with more success.

It’s funny this fanbase is already pushing Cam into a corner saying “you take this contract and prove you want to win boy!”

when the guy has single handedly carried this franchise and been given little to no help whatsoever, what exactly does he gain by taking a low deal? This franchise has proven its incapable of putting adequate talent around him on the offensive side of the ball, so what incentive does he have to think next time will be any different?

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

This is asinine.  Cam is the ABSOLUTE LAST PLAYER that needs to give up any money.  Put any other QB with the weapons and protection he has had since Gettleman took over and we don't have a single playoff appearance.

Exactly.

”now Cam Newton you be a good ol boy and take this team friendly deal!”

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

All I know is this: Cam knows how this business works. He knows how much his contract counts against the cap. He knows he could potentially restructure to give the Panthers more money to improve his weapons. I don't want to hear him complaining about not winning or not having enough talent around him. 

Yes, Matt Kalil didn't have a great season and was vastly overpaid. However, you want protection? Panthers spend big money attempting to protect your blindside. Even if it was a fail, Kalil still seemed better than other options. Panthers didn't intentionally hurt Oher. But they did have to try to replace him. 

Cam is either more worried about winning, or more worried about money. It can't be both. So if he is unwilling to sacrifice some of his multiple millions of dollars in order to have a better shot at a Super Bowl, then I don't want to hear him complain when he doesn't have a ring.

 

That goes for anyone who has a massive contract knowing this team has holes and they could take a cut to help the team with more success.

Jesus Christ. These are the people that need to be banned. Cams contract is team friendly compared to other QBs. 

Why doesn't Thomas Davis get called out for getting Gettleman fired for more money? Does he care more about winning or money? Then he blames the Panthers for him retiring after this season because they wouldn't give him two years.

how come no greg Olsen doesn't get called out for threatening to sit out with not 1, but 2 years left on his contract? Does he care more about winning or money?

how about ryan Kalil who only has one more season to win a super bowl? He sees he's missed 14 games the last 2 seasons and has a $9 plus million cap hit. Does he care more about winning or money, especially when he only has one chance left?

Why does no one call Luke kuechly out? Why did he need to become the highest paid middle linebacker in football? Does he care more about money or winning?

why didn't trai turner or kawann short leave any money on the table? Do they care more about winning or money?

this is quite possibly the worst Cam take I've see on these boards, and that's saying a lot. Cam should be demanding more money if anything for hiding the deficiencies of our idiot GM and coaching staff.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

It's great, even though Panthers haven't done anything. still great 

When have we ever? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the reunion is off.

 

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mjligon said:

YES!

That said, Rodgers to Graham...Oy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×