• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

top dawg

A-Rob, Watkins? Not likely. The money is looking just too funny

14 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yeah,  @thomas96 already said that,  and that was my response. 

I suppose that Hurney could justify that to a new owner,  but it still wouldn't be a good look,  especially if it doesn't work.  There is even more justification not to back load a contract when guys have injury histories.  It may be viewed as an unnecessary gamble indicative of being too concerned with the short term at the expense of the long term.  Moreover you have to realize that Jerry Richardson is still the owner of the team, and a lot of this is going to come down to how he feels about the situation.  Would he really let Hurney go down the same rab---err,  snake hole twice? I know that everyone wants to believe that it's the same old Hurney,  but he has compelling reasons not to do this. 

So what if it works? What if it’s a necessary gamble?

What if Watkins goes on to become a perineal 1000 yard receiver with Cam, and it turns out we got him for a bargain. 

Look at what Olsen was before Cam, Watkins can have a turn around like that if not better. If we have to overpay and cut someone for it, so be it. It’s time to to a risk

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

So what if it works? What if it’s a necessary gamble?

What if Watkins goes on to become a perineal 1000 yard receiver with Cam, and it turns out we got him for a bargain. 

Look at what Olsen was before Cam, Watkins can have a turn around like that if not better. If we have to overpay and cut someone for it, so be it. It’s time to to a risk

We'll see what Hurney does.  Believe me,  I'm not gonna cry if we get Watkins.  

Cutting Kalil and Shepard may almost pay for him, so there may not even be a need to back load anything,  and even if his contract was back loaded,  the amount could be something very manageable (and/or perhaps worked into a longer term extension if he proves his weight in gold).  

12 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Draft God... You can't make this stuff up

Did you miss the sarcasm, or did I miss the trolling? 

12 hours ago, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

Honestly, with Draft God at the helm and the kind of cap space we (don't) have, I'm fine with going budget-shopping on the FAs. One decent WR and I'm fine.

Wow

@top dawg

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He genuinely believes that

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He is serious 

2 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Wow

@top dawg

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

"Draft God" is kind of an ambiguous nickname. It may be a compliment,  or a criticism prone to sarcasm and scorn? 

I think he's absolutely wrong,  but not for reasons that you may think. 

There is no Draft God in the whole of the NFL. There never has been, and never will be because of the nature of the draft.