• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

bewonee

Seahawks likely releasing Sherman tomorrow

I think he's going to be shocked to find out how little other teams are going to be willing to pay an aging CB coming off of an Achilles injury. His career is probably essentially over and it just hasn't occurred to him yet.

• Pie 1

this is the sad part of football. Sherman was a lot of fun to watch even though he was our nemesis.

• Pie 2

He honestly hasn't been very good in years and excelled in a system that had two perennial all-pro safeties in it... And now recovering from surgery on both achilles... I wouldn't touch him for anything much more than vet min or an incentive-laden 1 year prove it deal.

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

He honestly hasn't been very good in years and excelled in a system that had two perennial all-pro safeties in it... And now recovering from surgery on both achilles... I wouldn't touch him for anything much more than vet min or an incentive-laden 1 year prove it deal.

Yeah. Someone else may offer him more money for his reputation but thankfully we don't have it to offer.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah. Someone else may offer him more money for his reputation but thankfully we don't have it to offer.

03741D4C-A79A-4849-A123-C20F8F994178.jpeg.f18ef6ba8d31b5d3a74e9f956c563396.jpeg

14 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

he'll end up in new england

This. He already said he was interested in playing for New England. The Patriots missed out on Talib, so it's 100% certain he will sign with the Patriots.

Unless the Cleveland Browns do the unthinkable and offer him a poo ton of money.lol

22 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

In years you mean 2, the year before the injury. I swear, I hate when people over-exaggerate.

19 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

He hasn't been great in years, but I don't think that it's quite accurate to say that he "hasn't been very good in years."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-seahawks-cb-richard-sherman-out-for-season-with-ruptured-achilles

Plus,  he can't help he played with good safeties. He did what he needed to do. 

Achilles injuries are nothing to scoff at in professional sports 

Honestly if I was a GM who had a bunch of cap and a young group of safeties and corners, I would pay him a decent contract just for what he could teach the secondary in terms of technique and swag. 

I expect Bradberry to bounce back. I’d taken Sherman for his experience and to show him the ropes.

Still want 24 back though 

Sherman even after injury still could be a top cb, but seems like a guy who could make the transition to fs like Woodson did and not miss a beat