• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Panthers should consider trading Vernon Butler

I'd imagine one of the Giants Bills or Cardinals would be interested. I doubt we'd get more then a 5th for him. Maybe we could do another player swap?

Yep. Butler should've never been the pick, but since he was, we shouldn't have extended Short. We did both. Someone has to go. We can't have a first rounder coming from the bench for his whole career. Let him start somewhere else.

Depends what sort of value your place on him. And what sort of “starter” could we get. You’re selling low if traded now. How many backups play 40% of the snaps. Only DTs. 

Rather him build some value while healthy, and provide effective play while KK is out and replacing Poe on 3rd and longs. 

Just now, KillerKat said:

He won't be replacing the NT. He plays the same position KK does.

You don’t need a NT on 3rd and long. Many NTs come out of the game in these situations. 

Well, since you referenced the great Michael Scott and the fantastic "conflict resolution" episode...

That automatically makes you correct.

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You don’t need a NT on 3rd and long. Many NTs come out of the game in these situations. 

Yeah my eyes were blurry atm. Still want him traded to free up some money to spend on the offensive side of the ball.

I think he’s still an important piece of our rotation. He can’t help where he was drafted.

There is a very slim chance Rivera would buy in to trading him. He loves a fresh rotation.

Just now, KillerKat said:

Yeah my eyes were blurry atm. Still want him traded to free up some money to spend on the offensive side of the ball.

Would trading him even free up enough money to do anything? He’s on a rookie deal.

Trading him at this point wouldn’t be a very good return on investment. 

But we did move KB so it wouldn’t be anything new.

Still, think Rivera loves having him as part of rotation.

What are the chances either Butler or Short get a fair amount of snaps at DE this season given we only really have 3 starters at the moment?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    kJ Johnson

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts