Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

Bill Voth on Breeland coming back

Recommended Posts



12 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Not seeing the logic, it's not like we backed out without cause

True, but he may and probably views it as taking away money for something that he didn't think was a big deal..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jumpman910 said:

True, but he may and probably views it as taking away money for something that he didn't think was a big deal..

Well, is anyone else offering him a contract close to what we offered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Not seeing the logic, it's not like we backed out without cause

We're probably pissed and feel like he and/or his agent misled the hell out of us. They probably either completely withheld the injury or greatly downplayed it. I'm sure he wasn't the only CB we were considering and then by the time he finally drug his ass to Charlotte for our docs to get eyes on his trench rotted foot it was too late to make an alternate move on another quality young FA CB. Breeland fuged us and burned that bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're probably pissed and feel like he and/or his agent misled the hell out of us. They probably either completely withheld the injury or greatly downplayed it. I'm sure he wasn't the only CB we were considering and then by the time he finally drug his ass to Charlotte for our docs to get eyes on his trench rotted foot it was too late to make an alternate move on another quality young FA CB. Breeland fuged us and burned that bridge.

exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, delaying his arrival in Charlotte was likely planned. They were probably hoping that since all the other quality options would be off the market by that point that we'd be desperate enough to just sign him anyway.

I thought it was weird when he didn't show to sign on Wednesday but I didn't think too much into it, but it quickly became apparent yesterday why that was. I mean, if you had a multi-million dollar contract on the table, wouldn't you be there ASAP? My ass would've been camping out outside of the Panthers' office like those idiots at Best Buy leading up to Black Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're probably pissed and feel like he and/or his agent misled the hell out of us. They probably either completely withheld the injury or greatly downplayed it. I'm sure he wasn't the only CB we were considering and then by the time he finally drug his ass to Charlotte for our docs to get eyes on his trench rotted foot it was too late to make an alternate move on another quality young FA CB. Breeland fuged us and burned that bridge.

Yea so not sure how this could be spun against us in any way shape or form. You can't just show up to sign a good contract with a fuged up foot that needs a skin graft and be like "oh yea that, had me a cut"..."stubbed it ya know"...."the usual 4 month stubbed foot cut recovery time".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voth is saying the PC thing here, but I'm betting both sides have no interest in revisiting.

Breeland obviously thinks the injury is no big deal and I'm sure the Panthers feel misled by Breeland not disclosing what their doctors  (and frankly any doctor) would think. And that delay obviously cost them the opportunity to negotiate with other players that have since signed contracts.

It's an unfortunate situation, but Breeland screwed himself and only has himself to blame. 

I think he will ultimately sign a 1 year incentive laden deal and try again for FA next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea so not sure how this could be spun against us in any way shape or form. You can't just show up to sign a good contract with a fuged up foot that needs a skin graft and be like "oh yea that, had me a cut"..."stubbed it ya know"...."the usual 4 month stubbed foot cut recovery time".

Our doctors when they saw that foot

unnamed-71.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

Voth is saying the PC thing here, but I'm betting both sides have no interest in revisiting.

Breeland obviously thinks the injury is no big deal and I'm sure the Panthers feel misled by Breeland not disclosing what their doctors  (and frankly any doctor) would think. And that delay obviously cost them the opportunity to negotiate with other players that have since signed contracts.

It's an unfortunate situation, but Breeland screwed himself and only has himself to blame. 

I think he will ultimately sign a 1 year incentive laden deal and try again for FA next year

I could have compound fractures in both legs and I assure you I'd act like it was "no big deal" if it was standing between me and a multi-million dollar contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,486
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Megadeth
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      142,467
    • Total Posts
      4,560,992
×