WOW!!

Hypothetical Question.. Secondary..

Let's say things stay the same as they are .. Maybe we sign 1 more secondary vet.. 

But we go into the draft needing a Safety and a CB who can start day one.. Who is your wish list  combo and what rounds.. Realisticly as possible please..

Example mine are..

Justin Reid 1st round

Isaiah Oliver 2nd round

• Pie 2

I pretty much want the same thing. Also if we have to, package our 3rds to make sure we can snag Nick Chubb.

Don't think Oliver makes it to the second round where the Panthers can draft him. Typically rated as 1st round prospect and 4th corner. 

I like Hill in the 3rd though as a tall, lanky prospect for the Panthers scheme. Reid in the first would be a solid pick if there. 

1st: Joshua Jackson - CB

2nd/3rd: Jessie Bates III - FS

I didn't think we had much of a chance at Jackson but he looked really raw in the on field drills at the combine. Teams that run a lot of man coverage probably dropped him down their boards but if we're going to go back to more of a cover 3 based scheme, Jackson's instincts and ball skills would fit us perfectly.

Meanwhile, our franchise QB in his prime gets beat to a pulp for another season throwing to a bunch of JAGs while being forced to be 98.5% of the offenses production. I realize we have huge needs in the secondary as it currently stands, but enough is enough with leaving Cam out to dry. He’s had a piss poor supporting cast outside of his rookie season. Lets hope Norv can scheme around the lack of talent currently on the offensive side of the ball. Long way to go in FA and the draft, but I’d rather have some weapons and protection up front for Cam and bank on outscoring teams than a bunch of promising rookies in the secondary that will likely have their share of hiccups regardless of talent. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Meanwhile, our franchise QB in his prime gets beat to a pulp for another season throwing to a bunch of JAGs while being forced to be 98.5% of the offenses production. I realize we have huge needs in the secondary as it currently stands, but enough is enough with leaving Cam out to dry. He’s had a piss poor supporting cast outside of his rookie season. Lets hope Norv can scheme around the lack of talent currently on the offensive side of the ball. Long way to go in FA and the draft, but I’d rather have some weapons and protection up front for Cam and bank on outscoring teams than a bunch of promising rookies in the secondary that will likely have their share of hiccups regardless of talent. 

We can't ignore that we had the worst secondary in the NFL last year.

I honestly think that Torrey Smith can basically be what Ginn was for us and that will really open things up for our offense. Especially CMC underneath.

41 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Don't think Oliver makes it to the second round where the Panthers can draft him. Typically rated as 1st round prospect and 4th corner. 

I like Hill in the 3rd though as a tall, lanky prospect for the Panthers scheme. Reid in the first would be a solid pick if there. 

Yeah I'll be shocked but thrilled if we could pull that off. And it depends on the new direction they go with guys with iffy pasts. Because Holton Hill is the josh gordon/randy Gregory of CBs. 

Super talented but he failed more than his fair share of tests at Texas. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We can't ignore that we had the worst secondary in the NFL last year.

I honestly think that Torrey Smith can basically be what Ginn was for us and that will really open things up for our offense. Especially CMC underneath.

I hear and understand that loud and clear, but this team will continue to go as far as Cam takes it. Sign a vet corner, draft a safety in the first few rounds, and get Cam a big time guard/center prospect, another receiver, and another young back to compliment 22. 

Dream scenario for me:

Round 1: OG/C/WR

Round 2: OG/C/WR (depending on round 1)

Round 3: S/RB

I really don't see why we don't sign Mike Wallace cheap. He is still out there and not old. He can be had for cheap and a good chance at a ring.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

I hear and understand that loud and clear, but this team will continue to go as far as Cam takes it. Sign a vet corner, draft a safety in the first few rounds, and get Cam a big time guard/center prospect, another receiver, and another young back to compliment 22. 

Dream scenario for me:

Round 1: OG/C/WR

Round 2: OG/C/WR (depending on round 1)

This is true but at this point and time a rookie safety will DEFINITELY start before any rookie Oline or wr we draft. And the hole at safety is the biggest one we have on the team