• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Seems like Miami's Chris Herndon isn't getting much draft talk at all.

He's 6'4" 252 and comes from a program very well known for producing NFL TEs. Has over 1000 career receiving yards and showed steady improvement throughout his collegiate career. Had 40 catches for 477 yards and 4 TDs as a senior before a knee injury knocked him out of his last two games. He's a really good athlete with potential, but he's raw. Potential good late round developmental type pick.

3 minutes ago, Ornias said:

No more injured projects. Sorry, but that has rarely worked for us. 

For a 6th or 7th, I'd rather take a chance on a player who would have been a much earlier pick due to injury. That is unless they are out a while. I don't know if he suffered an ACL or something where he's out 2018. In that case, UDFA and practice squad ain't a bad idea.

That said, I liked the two Thomas' and Dissly at TE. I think they could all be around in the 5th and could be decent players at least TE2s down the road. They all were decent size and Dissly was a hands down TE, so I think as blockers they looked decent/should get to be good blockers.

I’d be ok with him at around the 6th/7th round, especially if the Willson/Ebron signing doesn’t pan out. Hopefully, we get Hayden Hurst earlier though. 

18 minutes ago, Ornias said:

No more injured projects. Sorry, but that has rarely worked for us. 

He tore his MCL. That's not a significant injury. Shouldn't have any impact at all on his future and he'd almost certainly be ready to go by training camp if not OTAs.

Herndon can kind of work that tight end/h back role. He did a good job in that role as a Junior when Miami had Njoku

On 3/18/2018 at 8:58 PM, stbugs said:

For a 6th or 7th, I'd rather take a chance on a player who would have been a much earlier pick due to injury. That is unless they are out a while. I don't know if he suffered an ACL or something where he's out 2018. In that case, UDFA and practice squad ain't a bad idea.

That said, I liked the two Thomas' and Dissly at TE. I think they could all be around in the 5th and could be decent players at least TE2s down the road. They all were decent size and Dissly was a hands down TE, so I think as blockers they looked decent/should get to be good blockers.

Thanks for the bump. At least we grabbed one of the guys I liked. Took him a round earlier than I thought but this was March so not bad. Here’s to hoping he exceeds my floor of solid TE2s.