• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Morgan

soon to sign WR Jarius Wright to play slot

This from @scott_fowler - who is currently on the road but called in the scoop citing a source - Panthers are expected to soon sign WR Jarius Wright to play in the slot. Most recently with the Vikings. Has experience in Norv Turner's offense.

Joe Person Retweeted Jourdan Rodrigue

Former 4th-rd pick was released by Viking last week.

So we’re on the market for Viking cast offs now? Cool. 

*edit*

Viking fans are actually a little upset by this. They’re saying he’s a great and reliable 3rd down receiver 

Really like the signing as a guy with potential type of deal.

I won't write up on him bc Shepard PTSD, but fwiw I like it.

Camp body. Seems like what we did last year when we signed Charles Johnson the WR and Tiquan Underwood a couple years ago. Guys that have playing experience, but aren't signed on as roster locks. First impression is that he doesn't make the team.

FWIW, at least he'd provide good depth as a possession guy, considering his great ability at converting third downs and being a decent route runner.

Vikings fans call him underrated.

But, I wouldn't expect him to be an immediate starter.

3 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

So we’re on the market for Viking cast offs now? Cool. 

*edit*

Viking fans are actually a little upset by this. They’re saying he’s a great and reliable 3rd down receiver 

Yeah, Vikings fans seem to like him:

Man, I hate seeing Wright go. He's so good in the clutch. Take care of him, Panthers fans!

He always is so quiet until "bah gawd that's Jarius Wright's music" on 3rd and 13

Man we've been the farm team for the Panthers recently.

At least Wright is a decent player this time around, felt bad after that Kalil deal.

:( I wish he was still with us. Always makes the big third down plays

This would be a really solid move. Kinda like a Cotchery light. He's very reliable and clutch. Got phased out of the Vikings offense for some reason last year but before that he was pretty productive. 

This really doesn't sound so bad. Vikings fans seemed to love the guy: 

So if Buffalo is Carolina North and Carolina is Minnesota South... does that make Buffalo Minnesota East?

Image result for equation gif

10 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Really like the signing as a guy with potential type of deal.

I won't write up on him bc Shepard PTSD, but fwiw I like it.

exactly. was released by Vikes and wont count comp pick equation 

8 minutes ago, AppHeel said:

Camp body. Seems like what we did last year when we signed Charles Johnson the WR and Tiquan Underwood a couple years ago. Guys that have playing experience, but aren't signed on as roster locks. First impression is that he doesn't make the team.

Camp bodies don't get signed this early in FA much. He's going to have an inside track at a roster spot though it probably won't be guaranteed if we draft a guy or two who come in and outperform him. Funch and Samuel are 100% locks, Byrd is probably close to a lock as well. Smith, Wright, rookies and any other FAs we sign will compete for the spots with Smith and Wright likely to be kept. Shep probably gone with this signing, though there's no reason to hurry cutting him.