• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Rule Proposal: Review Office could eject players

The Competition Committee is considering a rule that would allow the lead office to call for the ejection of a player if they catch them being bad on review.

Good idea or bad?

What is their definition of “bad”, because the majority of the 22 players on the field are probably doing something on every play they shouldn’t be doing.

A bad idea among other bad ideas I am sure they are cooking up.  have they worked out what a catch is?  because that should be the only thing they need to be working on right now.   

bad idea.  it would take focus off reviewing the play.  teams would throw challenge flags just to get officials to possibly eject another player.

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Competition Committee is considering a rule that would allow the lead office to call for the ejection of a player if they catch them being bad on review.

Good idea or bad?

So Matt Kalil gets tossed every game?

13 hours ago, Sweets said:

A bad idea among other bad ideas I am sure they are cooking up.  have they worked out what a catch is?  because that should be the only thing they need to be working on right now.   

Might be just me,

And I don’t consider myself to be a football genius by any standard, but the catch rule seems pretty clear and fair to me.

i think most of the outrage this past year over that rule was from certain announcers and players with their panties all in a wad because their favorite player or team missed an opportunity, and they needed something to lash out against. I don’t recall seeing any catch or non catch that was called that really stood out as being incorrect.

someone juggles the ball out of the end zone it should not be a TD...

16 hours ago, chknwing said:

bad idea.  it would take focus off reviewing the play.  teams would throw challenge flags just to get officials to possibly eject another player.

devil's advocate: Burfict twisting ankles, refs didn't see it, but it was obvious on replay. Eject his ass!