Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy-E

Jarius Wright will be like a younger Cotchery

Recommended Posts

If you watch the two of these guys play it is very similar. Neither has blazing speed or crazy athleticism but they get open and make clutch catches. Cotchery was huge for us in 2015 and I am expecting Wright to have that same impact. I am really excited about this signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, PhillyB said:

cotchery secured the ball all the way to the ground

Don't get me started. That was a fuging catch and everyone knows it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a poor man's Cotch but he actually is quite a bit faster/quicker. Cotchery had several 1000 yard seasons and years where he was the #1-2 guy and produced, Wright has never had that. He will play a similar role but we can only hope for "young" Cotchery production. I think he could do as much for as Cotch did when he was here but not when he was young and in his prime.

 

EDIT: actually Cotch just had one 1000 yard season but several 800+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking more of a faster Ricky Proehl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

He's a poor man's Cotch but he actually is quite a bit faster/quicker. Cotchery had several 1000 yard seasons and years where he was the #1-2 guy and produced, Wright has never had that. He will play a similar role but we can only hope for "young" Cotchery production. I think he could do as much for as Cotch did when he was here but not when he was young and in his prime.

 

EDIT: actually Cotch just had one 1000 yard season but several 800+

I should have specified a younger version of the Cotchery that played for the Panthers, as in the role he plays as a receiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jairus Wright is a steal imo. He is a faster younger slot player who has some big play ability. Vikings fans loved Wright but he was buried on their depth chart under Laquan Treadwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Don't get me started. That was a fuging catch and everyone knows it.

Damn straight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wright ran a 4.39 40.  He’s a fast SOB.  Much faster than Cotchery (4.54).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

If you watch the two of these guys play it is very similar. Neither has blazing speed or crazy athleticism but they get open and make clutch catches. Cotchery was huge for us in 2015 and I am expecting Wright to have that same impact. I am really excited about this signing.

Did. Cotchery ever run a 4.4? Wright is pretty dang fast or was anyway. Cotchery though had glue hands...

then again, as someone else pointed out, Wright was always open, his quarterbacks left points on the field a lot.

so we will see what happens with Cam throwing to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

He reminds me of Avant 

Hahahahahahahaha... And Bersin looks like Steve Largent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,481
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    grampahol
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      142,338
    • Total Posts
      4,553,379
×