Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy-E

Is our secondary actually any worse?

Recommended Posts

Kurt Coleman and Daryl Worley were fuging awful last season. You guys may disagree with me but I can just go by the eye test and what I saw play out on the field. 

Coleman regressed significantly in pass covereage and couldn’t tackle to save his life. Worley has some of the stiffest hips I’ve ever seen for a corner and has to play 10 yards off his man because he isn’t fast enough to get his body turned around. If you go back and watch his interceptions they all came when he got burnt by his man and the QB underthrew his target.

The safety market for free agency is moving slow and there are still 3 or 4 guys out there who would be upgrades to Coleman. I don’t even think Colin Jones would have been any better or worse, that’s how bad Coleman was.

Worley was benched and split time with Seymour. In our playoff game vs the saints Gunter came in and looked better than Worley in limited time. I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him back. Basically the coaches even knew he wasn’t good and tried what ever they could to replace him. We now have Corn Elder and Cole Luke coming back from IR and it isn’t crazy to think at least one of them could give you better corner back play.

It is only about a week and a half into free agency and we still have the draft. Upgrades will come. Remember we played the Patriots in Foxboro last year with Demetrious Cox and Kevon Seymour and came away with the W. Chill with all the doom and gloom. The secondary is no worse than last year and there is still plenty of time to get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yes. 

Dumb thread.

the players who you called awful are currently being replaced by players who couldn't beat out Coleman and Worley last year. Good attempt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah the old eye test.  Can't argue with that.

Everything is going to be just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Ah the old eye test.  Can't argue with that.

Everything is going to be just fine.

Sorry I don’t have all 22 film and I’m not going to dig up a bunch of pff stats because I don’t always agree with them. All I can do is rewatch games and focus on individuals and their play. How else would you like for me to evaluate players? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I hate to agree with 2 pricks..

But yes we are way worst. 

Lol hit us where it hurts. By calling us pricks over the internet. That's cyber bullying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worley graded out way better than Bradberry and we traded Worley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He isn’t wrong. Seymour isn’t much worse than Worley and didn’t have all the offseason and TC in our system. You could argue letting Elder play slot and Captain outside or vise versa could be better than Worley... We will almost certainly draft one safety (if not two) or sign a free agent. We are not much worse than last year, we just need our secondary to be way better than last year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ARSEN said:

Worley graded out way better than Bradberry and we traded Worley

Worley was not better than Bradberry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

Sorry I don’t have all 22 film and I’m not going to dig up a bunch of pff stats because I don’t always agree with them. All I can do is rewatch games and focus on individuals and their play. How else would you like for me to evaluate players? 

Anyway you like, you're the professional.  Guess we'll find out how good you are when it all plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Yes. 

Dumb thread.

the players who you called awful are currently being replaced by players who couldn't beat out Coleman and Worley last year. Good attempt. 

If you read the post I already mentioned how Worley was benched numerous times and he isn’t on the team anymore. That’s all you need to know to see how the team and coaches felt about him.

Coleman was a captain. It is hard to bench that. Like I said there are quite a few upgrades on the market still and it will be hard to get play from the safety position worse than what Coleman gave us last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Worley graded out way better than Bradberry and we traded Worley

They both graded out as poor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Anyway you like, you're the professional.  Guess we'll find out how good you are when it all plays out.

Do you have reading comprehension issues? When did I say I was a professional? All I did was state my opinion and how I was able to come to form that opinion. 

What do you do and how do you come to the conclusion that we are worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

Do you have reading comprehension issues? When did I say I was a professional? All I did was state my opinion and how I was able to come to form that opinion. 

What do you do and how do you come to the conclusion that we are worse?

Do you have PTSD?  I'm not going to argue with you.  Find someone else to argue with.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,483
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Turnip
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      142,419
    • Total Posts
      4,558,268
×