• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Luke Willson signs with Detroit for .... 2.5 million?

That's a little disheartening, but maybe he wanted a clearer path to being a #1 and not in the shadow of a player like Greg.

He grew up a Lions fan. Imagine playing for the team you always dreamed of being on as a kid. Tough to compete with that.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

That's a little disheartening, but maybe he wanted a clearer path to being a #1 and not in the shadow of a player like Greg.

i said this yesterday he wants to be a TE1

15 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

He grew up a Lions fan. Imagine playing for the team you always dreamed of being on as a kid. Tough to compete with that.

Its a one year deal though. I could understand if it was long term. But one season? 

Probably sees Detroit as a better place to showcase himself and really cash in next year. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Its a one year deal though. I could understand if it was long term. But one season? 

Probably sees Detroit as a better place to showcase himself and really cash in next year. 

Gets to be a primary option instead of a backup in Detroit. 

It makes sense to me.  He comes here and he's a clear #2 TE in an offense that throws the ball less than the team he went to.  He goes there, becomes the clear #1 TE in an offense that throws a lot more.

No brainer tbh.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Gets to be a primary option instead of a backup in Detroit. 

Yep.

Passing on drafting a TE instead of V.Butler looking really stupid right about now. 

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

It makes sense to me.  He comes here and he's a clear #2 TE in an offense that throws the ball less than the team he went to.  He goes there, becomes the clear #1 TE in an offense that throws a lot more.

No brainer tbh.

Yeah, but pretty much everyone knows this is Greg's last year. He had the opportunity to replace the only TE that has had three consecutive 1000 yard seasons

i personally don't really think the Panthers are set up to compete either in the short or long term, barring a situation where EVERYTHING falls into place like in 2015.

No ownership, no leadership at the top, retread gm, and a team built to compete in the late 1980s.

I can't imagine why an offensive player would want to come here.