• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CelibatePimp

Trump slaps China with $50bn in tariffs

The dotardites will soon find out that that $1 a week extra in their paycheck from the yuge tax cut,  isn't going to cover the upswing in prices at wally world.

this is one area where I could find agreement with some more conservative policies, but without adults at the helm communication and negotiation is going to suffer which could be a real catastrophe.

Dow plunged 500 points. it's crashed almost back down to where it was when he took office (meaning he's undone Obama's upward trend)

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

We boned. China is going to hit back, hard. 

Trade deficit sits at around half a trillion by some estimates. That’s “profit” China is making from this trade. I doubt they would want to lose US as a trading partner. 

23 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

The dotardites will soon find out that that $1 a week extra in their paycheck from the yuge tax cut,  isn't going to cover the upswing in prices at wally world.

cheap canned beer already going to go up.  now the entire shelf at Walmart.  Not good.   And Trump hasn't even really hit them yet.  Wait until he fully kills Obamacare and then he pays for the rich tax cut killing folks Medicaid (again, a lot of Trumpers). 

2 minutes ago, CelibatePimp said:

Trade deficit sits at around half a trillion by some estimates. That’s “profit” China is making from this trade. I doubt they would want to lose US as a trading partner. 

you think we want to lose China as a trade partner?  

there ain't no winners in those type questions/threats. 

3 minutes ago, CelibatePimp said:

Or cash in on all the debt we owe them. Guess you forgot about that part. 

what is Trump going to do with all the countries that state well, the US has a yuge trade surplus with us.  Well, we already know.  Trump will claim it is fake news and then decide what really should be considered into the numbers so we always are "losers". 

but for the record, I have no issue taking on China more.  Issue is doing it with Cheeto who can't even discuss trade in way that shows he understands it.    

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Yep. China calls in that marker and we're reliving the history of the Great Depression.

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

China cannot suddenly call say pay me. They will be paid on schedule when their bonds mature. That’s not an issue. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

you think we want to lose China as a trade partner?  

there ain't no winners in those type questions/threats. 

It’s not about losing China. China has more to lose than the US. They’ll be forced to be more fair 

3 minutes ago, CelibatePimp said:

China cannot suddenly call say pay me. They will be paid on schedule when their bonds mature. That’s not an issue. 

China could just sell some of that debt that....which then can impact our interest rates/growth/etc.