• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers are not done in free agency

In the Panthers’ case, general manager Marty Hurney still has roster gaps at cornerback, safety and offensive line, with tight end and running back depth a little farther down the list.

That represents too many needs to be filled adequately in the draft, so the Panthers aren’t done with free agency just yet. (They still need to make a decision on backup quarterback Derek Anderson, by the way.)

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article206368839.html

Yep, too many holes to fill through the draft alone. Hopefully someone signs a safety and gets the ball rolling. So many safeties sitting out there.

1 minute ago, RLT89 said:

to be honest I go offense heavy in the draft: Wr in the 1st,TE In the 2nd,and RB in the 3rd,OL with our other 3rd and then go defense the rest of the draft.

By doing this I'm giving Cam as many weapons around him to be able to get the job done and hope with our lack of secondary it be enough to get us to the superbowl.

That’s not a really good strategy since the WR and TE positions aren’t really strengths in the draft. You are setting yourself up for a bad season. A rookie WR and rookie TE aren’t going to help Cam much this year so we won’t score as much as you think but the D will be a sieve.

I would love to somehow pluck Rudolph out of this draft myself.  He'd be a great dude to groom a few years.

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Unfortunately, Eric Reid is not an option for this ownership so I believe we're signing Tyvon Branch, eventually.

Branch is flat out one of the best safeties in football when healthy. 

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Branch is flat out one of the best safeties in football when healthy. 

Sure is, his coverage abilities are excellent. 

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Sure is, his coverage abilities are excellent. 

Don't want to sound dumb here but he has been my safety for a few years in Fantasy and he is a tackling machine too.  Stuffs the stat sheet and that tells me he is involved and making plays.  "When healthy" is the big thing though.

32 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Unfortunately, Eric Reid is not an option for this ownership so I believe we're signing Tyvon Branch, eventually.

We don't currently have ownership.  Under JR? Absolutely, our franchise wouldn't touch him, but until we have a new owner, we can sign whoever we want regardless of off-field stances.  

This is also why I'm thinking a guy like Goodnight would be ideal.  He's from NC and from what I gather, a very forward-thinking and progressive mind.

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

We don't currently have ownership.  Under JR? Absolutely, our franchise wouldn't touch him, but until we have a new owner, we can sign whoever we want regardless of off-field stances.  

This is also why I'm thinking a guy like Goodnight would be ideal.  He's from NC and from what I gather, a very forward-thinking and progressive mind.

Richardson is still in charge until late May.

I wouldn't sign Reid...just decided.  Our locker room is pretty great...no thanks.

Remember when it was a good idea to trade our CB depth for a WR that was about to get cut, and people defended said move.