Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSaint

We've made the family decision to NOT get flu vaccines.

91 posts in this topic

I aint no afraid of no dumb virus I could kickz its ass/

I aint no afraid of no dumb virus I could kickz its ass/

You got one good immune system :D

got the flu shot for the first time two years ago. in feb, i had the worst sickness i ever had. it wasnt flu, but I'm still not sure what it was. had some nasty blisters in the back of my throat and couldnt eat for a week.

last year, i didnt get the flu shot and was fine all winter. no shot this year.

got the flu shot for the first time two years ago. in feb, i had the worst sickness i ever had. it wasnt flu, but I'm still not sure what it was. had some nasty blisters in the back of my throat and couldnt eat for a week.

last year, i didnt get the flu shot and was fine all winter. no shot this year.

Maybe it was an adverse reaction by your body to a flu shot. Flu shot is a small dose of flu virus, your immune system should have no problem of killing it and become immune to it. People that have a weak immune system can actually get very sick with a flu like symptoms.

As a transplant recipient my doctors pretty much demand that I get the flu shot - I did get the standard one, but they have not come up with a recommendation for us on the H1N1 as far as I know.

I've been extremely fortunate to have not gotten the flu in years and years.

just drink airborne daily (or Vitamin C + Zinc), it will help a lot.

I guess you didn't get your check from the lawsuit then?

http://www.nytimes.com/inc_com/inc1204579617407.html

Airborne Health, a Bonita Springs, Fla.-based herbal supplements firm, has agreed to pay $23.3 million to settle a class-action lawsuit brought against the company for falsely claiming its vitamins prevented colds.

I want to sue Vitamin C also...:)

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/vitamin-c-colds

Vitamin C was first touted for the common cold in the 1970s. But despite its widespread use, experts say there is very little proof that vitamin C actually has any effect on the common cold.