Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We've made the family decision to NOT get flu vaccines.

91 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh noes, not SODIUM CHLORIDE!!!!

Do you know what a mcg is, or not?

Do you know how many mcgs of residual chemicals are in the magic foods you eat to protect you from rubella, rubeola, polio, measles, mumps, etc?

The answer is, you have no idea.

The issue is the amount. 1 microgram= .001 milligram

And those trace chemicals vs. getting a dread disease is a laughable perversion of concern.

dread disease? that is the laughable perversion of concern.

again, eating correctly is the true vaccine.

Posted

I can't get the flu vaccine because it's cultured in Egg, which I am allergic to...

I'm also high risk because I have severe asthma, so if and when I get sick, it could develop into something worse like pneumonia before it's run it's course...

I've never gotten the vaccine, and have only gotten the fullblown flu once in my 28 years of existence... I cured it by lying in bed for 48 hours straight with nothing but a liquid diet and over the counter cold medicines... I developed an upper respiratory infection afterwards and bronchitis, but that was cleared up shortly with some antibiotics...

I don't agree with the platform of not getting the shot because of what's in it... I mean, stuff in underarm deodorant has been linked to Alzheimers, and anything you eat has enough substances (in the form of preservatives usually) to give 10 people cancer... Just think about everything you are exposed to on a daily basis... Even well and city water have enough foreign things in it that you should be worried about but aren't...

So, if it has a chance of decreasing your chances at getting something as uncomfortable as the flu, then it's probably worth it...

Posted

Man, no omelets. That sucks.

Posted

AntiOxidants ftw

1700003900.jpg

Posted

dread disease? that is the laughable perversion of concern.

again, eating correctly is the true vaccine.

If you say so. Good luck with that, but please don't go to the hospital or a doctor when you get really sick. Just eat some broccoli.

We love people that ignore us until the shyte really hits the fan.

Posted

If you say so. Good luck with that, but please don't go to the hospital or a doctor when you get really sick. Just eat some broccoli.

We love people that ignore us until the shyte really hits the fan.

wtf does this have to do with a hospital or doctor?

all i said was the real vaccine is eating correctly. If you like putting crappy processed foods in your body and then making up for lack of immune system by getting vaccines(which also contain harmful chemicals), go for it.

Posted

Yes if you eat right you'll never ever get sick.

Posted

Man, no omelets. That sucks.

No birthday cake growing up either... and people wonder why I am always in a foul mouthed mood...

Posted

Yes if you eat right you'll never ever get sick.

I think it's quite possible...

My grandfather just turned 93... He hardly ever goes to the doctor and when he does, it's something unrelated to our concept of "being sick"... He still gardens and leads a very active life...

He also eats his fruits and vegetables, never eats at restaurants, and when he does eat something the portion is so small it wouldn't do anything but make me mad...

Just an example of what he's had to go to the doctor for recently (well, urgent care since he has no regular doctor):

Lyme Disease - lol he's been getting bit by ticks all his life, and one finally got to him.. has since been cured through antibiotics (during which he burnt up his hands and face in the sunlight because he refused to stay out of it)...

Hernia Surgery - had to have this one for the second time about 2 years ago... in and out within 24 hours and had to take it easy for a week after...

Other than that, nothing... He's also broken nearly every bone in his body over the course of his life... but he simply doesn't get "sick" as we know it...

Posted

Nope. Neither H1N1 or seasonal.

We've really thought about it, and my wife is preggo, but i think the risks of these things outweighs the rewards. Yall gettin them?

wife is preggo too and we decided the same thing.

Posted

Yall dont forget...the Doctor is always right.:rolleyes:

BTW, had a neurosurgeon tell me the other day, they would not being taking the vaccine due to their own concerns.

Im sure the vaccine companies have nothing to do with spreading the mass hysteria....

"Hey doc, this flu is really bad and scary...btw, can i bring the office Chik-Fil-A again next week? ..here, check out these cool new pens!:D"

Posted

wtf does this have to do with a hospital or doctor?

all i said was the real vaccine is eating correctly. If you like putting crappy processed foods in your body and then making up for lack of immune system by getting vaccines(which also contain harmful chemicals), go for it.

Believe me, I am the LAST person that would ever advocate substituting a healthy lifestyle for a "quick fix".

However, to make the assumption that a healthy lifestyle, including eating properly and exercise is the ONLY answer is ridiculous.

I made the mistake of assuming you were the type that thinks the answer to viral and bacteriological illness can be found in the aisle of your local GNC.

Maintaining good overall health gives you a better chance of easily combating these pathogens, but thinking overall healthy habits are ENOUGH is like taking a knife to a gun fight.

Vaccines have their place in the fight against disease, as does lifestyle.