Photo
- - - - -

from a duke board (open practice observation)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

Roy is having an affect on K and his style of play. DES and Roy have both forced teams to adapt to them, not the other way around.

"My biggest impression from the open practice was that K wants the bigs to run A LOT. Both the Plumlee brothers look very comfortable with that style of play. Could be the major factor in both getting the starting nod to begin the season."

#2 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

Dude, seriously. I know you like getting Duke fans here riled up, but this is just stupid. The Plumlees are extremely athletic for their size, so why would he not have them running and taking advantage of that? What does that have to do with Roy?

#3 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

;-)

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

So now UNC is the only team in the country that runs a fast-break? Carolina is going to be a one and out team this year as a 7 seed...You heard it here first.

No Hansblow
No Lawson
No Ellington

Ed Davis is their only impact player and Roy doesn't have his lightening quick guard to push the tempo. It is going to be George Mason all over again.

#5 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

So now UNC is the only team in the country that runs a fast-break? Carolina is going to be a one and out team this year as a 7 seed...You heard it here first.

No Hansblow
No Lawson
No Ellington

Ed Davis is their only impact player and Roy doesn't have his lightening quick guard to push the tempo. It is going to be George Mason all over again.

George Mason was a FF team and it was in the 2nd round. Also, LD2 is another year in (remember Quentin Thomas) Deon Thompson is back, Zeller is back from injury, Ginyard also back, Will Graves is back. Besides that we have an outstanding recruiting class in John Henson, Mcdonald, Strickland, and the Wear Twins. We'll be running 10 deep still. 3-4 seed.

#6 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

HAHAHAHA, Unicar! Name 5 teams in the country with more talent than the Heels...Then name two coaches better than Roy. Roy will probably make it to the sweet 16 and maybe F4 depending on match-ups and chemistry of this team. This team is loaded with talent, though young.

I love these fan bases that KNOW their guys are going to be a year better, but LDII won't improve a lick...Love that. I suspect LDII is going to run that team right through the ACC this year.

#7 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:29 AM

So, if you have your players run the court a lot, you're taking a page out of Roy's coaching strategy? ok..

#8 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

It also sounds like he's continuing his international influence in style that he's been doing the past few years, wonder where he picked that up...

#9 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

It also sounds like he's continuing his international influence in style that he's been doing the past few years, wonder where he picked that up...

Posted Image

#10 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

Come on Brit, how many times does Htar have to explain to us, Roy passed on coaching the Olympic team.

#11 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

yeah, I mean, there's no way Roy could've won with that team, right?

#12 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

HAHAHAHA, Unicar! Name 5 teams in the country with more talent than the Heels...Then name two coaches better than Roy. Roy will probably make it to the sweet 16 and maybe F4 depending on match-ups and chemistry of this team. This team is loaded with talent, though young.

I love these fan bases that KNOW their guys are going to be a year better, but LDII won't improve a lick...Love that. I suspect LDII is going to run that team right through the ACC this year.

Carolina couldn't run through the ACC last year so why would they do it this year?

#13 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

Carolina couldn't run through the ACC last year so why would they do it this year?

The ACC is going to be down this year...And didn't say they would run through, but they can win it.

#14 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

Actually you did say that read your last line. You are the one who wrote that right? How are you going to spin this?

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

Actually you did say that read your last line. You are the one who wrote that right? How are you going to spin this?

Yes I did...I'll stand by my first comment then...He will run them through.

In all seriousness, the league is down, and the Heels could very well win it...And when I was typing about LDII, I meant that he would be running that team, and running (cause they do that a lot) right through this league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com