• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TPanther920

Where are you from?

My father's side traces all the way back to a village of 557 in England called "Frisby on the Wreake".  The village was given that name by Danish invaders in the 9th or 10th century.

My mother's side comes from the Netherlands, and spots along the North Sea.

Someone on my father's side was found to have sailed to America as far back as the early 1600's.  Adventure and all that.

Too white for you, @4Corners?  Saw the poop.  Keep fighting that good fight, brother.

Edited by ECUPantherFan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I'm mostly Irish, with some Dutch and English.

I have a fairly large amount of cousins in North Ireland in Armagh and in London and Dublin. My last name can be traced from a guy who traveled to the states from Amsterdam in the 1700's I believe.

Mom is 100% Puerto Rican. Dad has British, Irish, and German.

I check the Hispanic box on all applications :) It's legal since I'm 50%.

• Pie 2

On 3/31/2018 at 9:43 AM, TPanther920 said:

2 weeks in Rome as a 20 year old U.S. sailor. amazing....food, wine, architecture, history on every corner.

Rome is high on my bucket list. 

On 3/30/2018 at 2:29 PM, TPanther920 said:

My daughter spent a month in Europe. She said of all the countries she visited  she wanted to go back to Ireland above all the rest

I had the pleasure of spending 6 days in Ireland while I was in high school in ‘94, it was nothing short of amazing. Just the lush landscape is something I hope I always remember. I went with the marching band where we marched in the St. Patrick’s Day parade in Dublin and did a concert in Killarney. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I'm from Tennessee...was born there and poo...The USA is my country of origin

• Beer 1

My sister did one of the DNA tests (I can't remember which one) and she sent me the screenshot of the results.

Apparently my DNA originates from:

Great Britain 55%
Europe West 24%
Scandinavia 8%
Europe South 7%

Low Confidence regions include:

Ireland/Scotland/Wales 3%
Iberian Peninsula 1%
Finland/Northwest Russia <1%
Europe East <1%

So yeah, I guess I'm as white as they come.

I've said here before that my direct lineages on my mothers side has been traced back to a German immigrant and early settler of Philadelphia in the earlier years of the American Revolution. He was a surgeon and crossed the Delaware with George Washington and was one of the top surgeons/doctors at Valley Forge. He was a pioneer of the smallpox vaccine.

That's my mom's side.

On my dad's side, I don't know a whole lot prior to the Civil War era. I do believe that both sides of my family were some of the first non-native people in NC. We also have some native history in there that's been lost in our DNA, I guess.

• Pie 3

Also, I got my wife a kit from MyHeritageDNA a while back. Hers came back:

94.1% European (pretty much an even split between the North and West countries and the Iberian Peninsula (she's half Portuguese))

3% Middle Eastern

2.9% African (1.7% West African/Nigerian and 1.2% North African)

• Pie 1