• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Even if you think he's the 'best slot receiver in the NFL.'

He shouldn't be getting nearly 15 million a year

They gotta think they can move him outside and he’ll perform just as well. If he does then he’s worth it.

This ensure Odell Beckham will be paid QB type money from someone. I just cannot imagine a senario where Gettles will destroy his cap paying a WR who seems enotionally fragile. Unless... they draft a rookie QB and shockingly part with that Eli cap hit...bc he is garbage juice. 

49 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

might be worth it if they get a good QB in the draft and their offense starts doing better under Haley. 

The main problem with their offense last season was the ungodly ammount of Turnovers Kizer committed.

They'll get a QB and Barkley. They could be good if they got a clue.

They had a really good QB named Anderson at one time, they should make an ungodly trade for him now!!

Figured with the new and experienced GM the Browns would actually turn into a real football organization... I was wrong

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This entire offseason has done that. Mediocre WRs getting huge contracts left and right.

Yep funchess will probably even cost 8 mil

5 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Yep funchess will probably even cost 8 mil

Yep. If he has another solid season he may break the $10m barrier. It's why I'd love to see us go WR early. I just don't know if it's a wise investment of cap space to pay these mediocre to good WRs huge money.

2 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

They had a really good QB named Anderson at one time, they should make an ungodly trade for him now!!

I mean Anderson is a free agent...so maybe they’ll just sign him 

I’m telling everybody....the WR deals Marty made for us are really good

will be very surprised if we take one early in draft unless TE...I see a CB

Edited by bull123

That is absurd... kinda sad though, Browns suck so bad, you have to overpay players to play.

OTOH, if Browns do a good draft, with all these players.. they better go atleast 10-6

I'm usually not a huge fan of the mega contracts but this kind of makes sense for the Browns.  

What better receiver could you ask for a rookie QB?  Maybe he wasn't a great fit here but he would be a heck of a security blanket for a new guy.  Not too mention he will probably be good for the other receivers and tight ends on that team.  In some ways you are also paying him for the development of your offense.

Also the Browns have plenty of cap space

That's a huge guarantee figure for so much annual salary.  Honestly WR and QBs have absorbed the projected cap increases already.  Meanwhile a safety can't even get a deal worked out because teams what to be able to afford to throw these type of deals around.  I'll be interested what the main topic of the nflpa when it's time to collectively bargin.

23 hours ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

They gotta think they can move him outside and he’ll perform just as well.

I have every reason and evidence to believe he can't do that.

• Pie 1