• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

MillionDollarCam

David Fizdale Seen as Leading Candidate For Hornets Coaching Opening

Fizdale most recently served as the head coach for the Memphis Grizzlies where he led the Grizzlies to the Western Conference playoffs in his first season as the head coach with a 43-39 record. Fizdale was relieved of his position this year after the Grizzlies started 7-12 and Fizdale publicly criticized Grizzlies center Marc Gasol.

I like a coach that will publicly criticize players...these guy have guaranteed million $$$ contracts so when they lay down and don’t perform we are still stuck with them...we have a roster full 

I'd love this hire. I was reading an article about all of the potential coaches on the market last night and WISHING we would fire Clifford so that we could get in on them. Fizdale, Blatt, Stackhouse and a few others ALL sounded very promising and that is certainly better than anything Cliff was going to provide. The way he ruined Monk's rookie season over ego or stubbornness was ludicrous. He may be the world's best assistant coach be he is crap as a head coach. Maybe he could do something with a team like golden state or the cavs but... hell WHO COULDN'T!?!?!? 

• Pie 1

Uh he coached the griz and they are terrible right?

Gimme Stackhouse 

Edited by Shocker

I don't think it'll happen. He's at the top of every teams list who needs a coach and I really don't see how we'd be the most attractive out of all of them. Why would he want to come to the cap strapped and micro managed Hornets when he could go to teams with tons of flexibility, with more talent, or are in a bigger market?

Sounds like a guy who will call out and bench Batum’s lazy ass. Sign me up.

• Pie 2

I'd love it.  He got fired because Memphis wanted to full on tank. They won like 14 games the rest of the season. 

I'd love Fizdale and he's 100% my top choice but unfortunately I think he is going to NY

Ettore Messina is expected to interview for the Hornets head coach opening after the spurs granted permission. 

Fizdale would be a solid hire, but let's be real here. Of the current head coach openings, Charlotte is probably the least desirable since we are loaded with awful contracts and have a late lottery selection. New York and Orlando each have a better stable of younger players and will both have a higher pick. I think it's likely Fizdale will have his choice of wherever he'd like to go. My guess is that it won't be Charlotte. Would love to be wrong.

I like Stackhouse as a candidate a lot though. He seems to be a very realistic get.

Loved the "they ain't gonna rook us" line when Memphis was playing the spurs tough in the playoffs a couple years back...been a fan of this guy ever since

Looks like the Hornets have honed in on Fizdale, Messina, and Udoka.

Personally, I'd prefer 1. Fizdale, 2. Messina, 3. Udoka

I'll note that it was also reported that Stackhouse is a contender for the Hornets vacant head coaching position, however, apparently the Magic are the most interested team in Stackhouse.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

19 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like the Hornets have honed in on Fizdale, Messina, and Udoka.

Personally, I'd prefer 1. Fizdale, 2. Messina, 3. Udoka

I'll note that it was also reported that Stackhouse is a contender for the Hornets vacant head coaching position, however, apparently the Magic are the most interested team in Stackhouse.

I agree with that order. Will honestly be happy with Fiz or Messina