Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TN05

With Worley done, the 2016 draft looks like one of our worst ever

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

The Cam draft was probably the worst. At least this draft we have a player who is a starter and a backup.

Outside of Cam who was the #1 pick everyone on that draft sucked and was out of the league by year 3-4. That was a hurney draft for those wondering. 

Cam Newton 

Terrell McClain 

Sione Fua 

Brandon Hogan 

Kealoha Pillares 

Lawrence Wilson 

Zachary Williams 

Lee Ziemba 

But Hurney beat the odds with that #1 pick being a success!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Paintballr said:

The Cam draft was probably the worst. At least this draft we have a player who is a starter and a backup.

Outside of Cam who was the #1 pick everyone on that draft sucked and was out of the league by year 3-4. That was a hurney draft for those wondering. 

Cam Newton 

Terrell McClain 

Sione Fua 

Brandon Hogan 

Kealoha Pillares 

Lawrence Wilson 

Zachary Williams 

Lee Ziemba 

I gotta be honest, I think Cam Newton has done more for the Panthers at QB than James Bradberry has at CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, t96 said:

Same reason Aaron Rodgers never saw the field his first THREE years. When Butler was drafted we had no clue if we could keep KK. That deal wound up getting done making Butler a poor positional pick, but as far as how good he is as a player it's unbelievably stupid to try to evaluate him and call him a bust after 2 years behind KK and Star. Heck for all we know KK may go down in camp this year and Butler steps right in and fills his shoes. Then is he still a huge bust like people here have already labeled him? I'm not making a judgement on how likely that is or even what my opinion is on what Butler will do in the rest of his career, just calling out the dumb argument that he's already a bust.

I'm not saying he's a bust. I'm saying it was a bad pick. There's a difference. I think he's a nice dude and he's not a bad rotation player. But it was not a good pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching fans screaming out the names of every failed Hurney draft pick as a means of downplaying Gettleman's own failed draft picks while simultaneously giving Gettleman all credit for wins that were directly helmed by two franchise cornerstone players he inherited from Hurney in Cam and Luke is some bizarre poo. How do you get that far down the rabbit hole?

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, t96 said:

Same reason Aaron Rodgers never saw the field his first THREE years. When Butler was drafted we had no clue if we could keep KK. That deal wound up getting done making Butler a poor positional pick, but as far as how good he is as a player it's unbelievably stupid to try to evaluate him and call him a bust after 2 years behind KK and Star. Heck for all we know KK may go down in camp this year and Butler steps right in and fills his shoes. Then is he still a huge bust like people here have already labeled him? I'm not making a judgement on how likely that is or even what my opinion is on what Butler will do in the rest of his career, just calling out the dumb argument that he's already a bust.

Which begs the question...had Butler panned out would we have made Short one of the highest paid DTs in the NFL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which begs the question...had Butler panned out would we have made Short one of the highest paid DTs in the NFL?

You don't let guys like KK walk unless they're demanding insane money, like Suh did from the Lions. KK could''ve gotten considerably more on the open market if we let him walk and if he was demanding that then we probably would've let him walk. Butler had nothing to do with it. Just insurance in case we couldn't meet KK's demands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no argument that can be made for this draft, colossal messed up by dg that has set us back, followed by not being able to swallow his pride and ego and take a top cb last year, or safety in a db deep draft. I said th guys downfall would be how much he bet on his draft picks and sure enough..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

There’s no argument that can be made for this draft, colossal messed up by dg that has set us back, followed by not being able to swallow his pride and ego and take a top cb last year, or safety in a db deep draft. I said th guys downfall would be how much he bet on his draft picks and sure enough..... 

I think his biggest weakness was his massive ego, both in terms of drafting and in terms of dealing with players and agents.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The G-man was overrated. Hurney is a bit underrated due to hits like Cam/Luke, but he still isn't all that.

Hopefully Hurney continues to do good in this draft. I want to see him draft 1st-3rd round starters. You cant expect much out of 4th-7th round guys realistically, just hope to hit a hidden gem everyonce in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

> Cam Newton

> Luke Kuechly

> Josh Norman

> Greg Hardy

 

I'll take it. Vast improvement over Gettleman.

Two of those guys aren't even on the team anymore, one isn't even in the league, therefore, busts.

  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Porn Shop Clerk said:

Two of those guys aren't even on the team anymore, one isn't even in the league, therefore, busts.

Josh Norman not being on the team was the catalyst for a major downfall. Greg is debatable but Norman isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Watching fans screaming out the names of every failed Hurney draft pick as a means of downplaying Gettleman's own failed draft picks while simultaneously giving Gettleman all credit for wins that were directly helmed by two franchise cornerstone players he inherited from Hurney in Cam and Luke is some bizarre poo. How do you get that far down the rabbit hole?

you just described 90% of the Huddle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Josh Norman not being on the team was the catalyst for a major downfall. Greg is debatable but Norman isn't. 

2 starters from 4 drafts sure is a world beater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero players from the 2003, 2004 and 2006 drafts still on the roster. Hurney sux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Porn Shop Clerk said:

Hurney's last 4 drafts in which we got 3 good players total, and one of them took 3 years to develop.  Oh, and of course, Greg Hardy. This is what we have to look forward to:

2009.JPG.546c6d29b4a9f543955572d0137268f4.JPG2010.JPG.2af576afd336c55c6a8a96100ddd36d6.JPG2011.JPG.27f1087ee078f9a59c1e00402a37315c.JPG2012.JPG.eb7ce0f579cf5a607e26b5f3b5453808.JPG

Horrific  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,292
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    David Teper
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      140,420
    • Total Posts
      4,468,813
×