• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Moorgan

Westworld Season 2

Season 2 starts this Sunday. Thought I'd get the topic going. Loved Season 1 but I thought they could've just ended it right there. I'm always nervouse about them going too far. For example, just letting the story end for True Detectives was perfect. However, I saw a quick preview for Westworld Season 2 and I'm open minded and hopeful they won't screw it up.

I have faith in HBO.     There's a lot more story to tell about Westworld or the other "worlds" so I'm glad they are doing more.

I'm all in 

They didn't rush a second season out in a year they took their time (2yr) So I have high hopes. 

I like the show...but having to read recaps about theories, not even answers, after every episode...based on 3-4 timelines?  Mehhhh going to get old.

I felt like I should of rewatched the last episode of season 1 before watching.  I think I must of missed some things.   

Anyone else think the opening scene was the real Bernard(Arnold) with the original Dolores, back when real Arnold started to plan his takedown of the original park?

Edited by PanthersBigD
Name change

11 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Anyone else think the opening scene was the real Bernard(Arnold) with the original Dolores, back when real Arnold started to plan his takedown of the original park?

I probably need to rewatch the episode.  Are you talking about the version of Dolores that was just essentially a head on the steel framed body? 

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

I probably need to rewatch the episode.  Are you talking about the version of Dolores that was just essentially a head on the steel framed body? 

It was the opening scene of this first, new episode, where they were talking about dreams. She was wearing her usual prairie dress. He told her she frightened him, because of what she could become. 

Think I am going to wait for the whole season to come available so I can watch it back to back without waiting a week. Hard enough to follow without waiting 7 days between episodes. 

41 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Yes, I do believe that to be the case. I also got the feeling of it being Delores that was interviewing Bernard. Not the other way around.

14 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

It was the opening scene of this first, new episode, where they were talking about dreams. She was wearing her usual prairie dress. He told her she frightened him, because of what she could become. 

I remember that one.  

Just don't get the real Bernard/Arnold  suggestion.   

That the scene takes place decades ago, soon after Arnold and Ford created Dolores and the newer version of the hosts that exist now. That it foreshadows what she will become, and that Arnold saw it even then, and decided he needed to do something drastic to stop it. 

Having read Datawire's comment, I'm starting to lean more toward the interview taking place on the other end of the timeline, rather than the beginning, with fully self-aware Dolores interviewing the host version of her creator, after the events of this season have taken place.