• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NanuqoftheNorth

MSNBC Blocked Me From Covering Bernie - Ed Schultz

Ex-MSNBC host Ed Schultz in a recent interview ripped his former network as "in the tank for Hillary Clinton" and suggested he was fired in 2015 because of his support for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.). Schultz, who now anchors a show on RT, told National Review‘s Jamie Weinstein in an an interview posted Friday that MSNBC chief Phil Griffin was a "watchdog," and he said he was often given direction on what stories to cover. Sanders gave his official campaign launch speech in Burlington, Vermont on May 26, 2015, and Schultz said he was the only cable news host planning to air it live. He had also taped an interview with Sanders at the lawmaker's home ahead of the speech...

A journalist fired for editorializing.

maybe there’s hope for the media, yet.

Most "Liberal" US network, stops primetime program host that has sent a camera team to Vermont and is actually in the US Senator's backyard setup and ready to go, from broadcasting a live announcement that the Senator is running for POTUS.

Just "editorializing", nothing to see here. 

Right.

How about 30 minutes of Trump's empty podium instead of Bernie giving a primary victory speech MSNBC?

Now we're talking newsworthy!

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

16 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Most "Liberal" US network, stops primetime program host that has sent a camera team to Vermont and is actually in the US Senator's backyard setup and ready to go, from broadcasting a live announcement that that Senator is running for POTUS.

Just "editorializing", nothing to see here. 

Right.

How about 30 minutes of Trump's empty podium instead of Bernie MSNBC?

Now we're talking newsworthy!

Well I mean sure, a guy like Chris Matthews has earned himself a little more rope with the network, but if you can’t see where Schultz went wrong here, I can’t help you.

4 minutes ago, Jase said:

Well I mean sure, a guy like Chris Matthews has earned himself a little more rope with the network, but if you can’t see where Schultz went wrong here, I can’t help you.

You can't help me because you don't have a legitimate case to make beyond corporate media effectively blacked out coverage of Senator Sanders because they didn't agree with his political views.  Especially Bernie's views about 6 corporations controlling 90% of this nation's media content.

“You don’t have a legitimate case” says the Bernie bro who almost exclusively posts in YouTube propaganda videos.

46 minutes ago, Jase said:

And as for Chris Matthews, he was the network's cheerleader for the Iraq War.  He is also a shill for whatever the establishment's latest narrative is on issues of the day. 

His job, and he does it well, is to manufacture consent for whatever the establishment wants.

So Chris doesn't need any rope, he is already well trained by his corporate masters, and an extremely wealthy man because of it.

I mean, are we really holding MSNBC to a standard of impartiality now. Is that really what we’re doing, because lol

6 minutes ago, Jase said:

“You don’t have a legitimate case” says the Bernie bro who almost exclusively posts in YouTube propaganda videos.

As stated, you have nothing of any merit to contribute to this thread.

And as if to prove my point, you've already resorted to ad hominem attacks.

Nice.

Thanks for validating my previous comments.

3 minutes ago, Jase said:

I mean, are we really holding MSNBC to a standard of impartiality now. Is that really what we’re doing, because lol

Affordable education, healthcare for all our citizens, reigning in criminal behavior on Wall Street, ending the nonstop wars.  These are supposed to be hallmarks of the left.  They are all things US Senator Sanders supports and yet the network most people point to as the "most liberal" of all cable news networks refuses to cover his announcement to run for POTUS.

The best you can do is "editorializing"?

You don't have to agree with Senator Sanders or his political agenda to recognize the media in this country severely limited his coverage despite his early success/grass roots support/huge donations and drawing significantly larger crowds than every other candidate not named Donald Trump.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

And as for Chris Matthews, he was the network's cheerleader for the Iraq War.  He is also a shill for whatever the establishment's latest narrative is on issues of the day. 

His job, and he does it well, is to manufacture consent for whatever the establishment wants.

So Chris doesn't need any rope, he is already well trained by his corporate masters, and an extremely wealthy man because of it.

He did a have a chill run up his leg for Obama.

Democrats are supposed to bash Republicans, and as long as that's all they do the media will fawn breathlessly over them. However if they take on the big money that fuels BOTH parties they will be ignored and undermined whenever possible.  

• Beer 1

Completely not surprised.    Both sides were probably super worried, considering how much support Bernie created with just the internet and ZERO tv coverage.    I could only imagine if he got as much or even half as much coverage on television/media as the other candidates.    One is surrounded by scandals and the other is surrounded by scandals and court hearings and yet here is Bernie, none of those things, coming up with ideas and solutions, agree with or not, instead of just throwing crap at the other candidates.      The American people would have got sick of those two and listened to Bernie more, but he's not a friend of big business or monopolized media so they wouldn't do that.    

• Pie 5