• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Daddy_Uncle

Chad Reuters Rd 1 Grades

45 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Apparently the guy just gives As to every team, as about half of the teams got an A draft grade

Browns...D's...

This will just be like the time the Huddle spent the entire night laughing at the Falcons for taking Keanu Neal

Walter Football

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

Bucsb_logo.gif Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Vita Vea, NT, Washington B Grade 
I don't hate this pick because Vita Vea is a talented player. Also, the Buccaneers traded down to get him, which was nice. However, I just don't know about taking a two-down player like Vea when a player like Derwin James is available. James, arguably a better prospect, fits a much bigger need, especially after Tampa signed Beau Allen and Mitch Unrein in free agency. Again, I don't hate this selection, but the Buccaneers could've done better. 

saintsb_logo.gif New Orleans Saints: Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA MILLEN DAVENPORT Grade 
What...??? You don't trade a future first-round pick for a non-quarterback, especially in a draft class that is absolutely loaded on the defensive line! This is absolutely atrocious. I wouldn't have minded this pick at all if the Saints were stationed at No. 14, but to give up this much for a raw edge rusher. Ugh. 

I don't get it. The Saints had such a great 2017 NFL Draft class. How could they screw up this much? The only way this makes any sense is if the Saints know the world is going to come to an end before the 2019 season. This is a Millen grade all the way. 

panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland A Grade 
I imagine there will be some publications who think D.J. Moore was taken too early, or that Calvin Ridley should have been the pick, but I can tell you this: One team in the teens had Moore as its No. 2 option. Moore could have gone about 8-12 selections earlier than this, so I think this is great value. 

Moore definitely fills a huge need as well. The Panthers had no No. 1 receiver, thanks to the Kelvin Benjamin trade, and Moore certainly changes that. 

falconsb_logo.gif Atlanta Falcons: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama A- Grade 
Everyone was expecting the Falcons to pick a defensive lineman, or perhaps a blocker. Those would've fit the greatest needs, but receiver makes a ton of sense as well. The Falcons' offense collapses whenever Julio Jones gets hurt - they lost at home to the Bills without him this past season - so acquiring a legitimate No. 2 wideout was very necessary. Ridley was once projected as a top-10 prospect, but this range makes more sense. Still, Ridley is a nice bargain at No. 26, and his terrific route running will allow him to develop quickly and contribute as soon as possible. I like this pick a lot, despite Ridley's perceived declining draft stock. 

Edited by tiger7_88
  • Pie 1