• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

2018 Carolina Panthers draft summary - Reasonable Expectations

Excited for the season, excited for Moore. The rest is a crapshoot. Scared that Hurney has never drafted a great WR. We’ll see. 

• Pie 2

I think this is fairly accurate. Although I think Gaulden could surprise some people and play a bigger role than what is stated here. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

I think this is fairly accurate. Although I think Gaulden could surprise some people and play a bigger role than what is stated here. 

Hope so. Exceeding these expectations would be very welcome. I think this should be the baseline though. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Hope so. Exceeding these expectations would be very welcome. I think this should be the baseline though. 

Do you think they’re still looking to bring in another safety? I’d love to see Boston back. 

13 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

Do you think they’re still looking to bring in another safety? I’d love to see Boston back. 

Yeah, Hurney knows this was not a knock it out of the park draft. Plenty of needs still. I suspect an active free agency through final cuts. 

• Pie 1

The main thing that bothered me about this draft as that we missed out on the two most stacked positions in the class, RB and interior lineman.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

The main thing that bothered me about this draft as that we missed out on the two most stacked positions in the class, RB and interior lineman.

Yeah that is tough to swallow.

Also feels like it is heavy in role player selections. Players were brought in for certain situations. Not sure that is smart considering other teams do this thing called game planning. 

• Pie 3

21 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Not much they could do about that unless they packaged their two thirds or a combination of a 2nd and 3rd. There was a big run of RBs and G/C from the early to mid 2nd round. When Rashad Penny and Sony Michel were selected in the 1st round, our chances of finding an impact RB in 2nd or 3rd became slim. 

• Pie 1

i like this draft class better than the last 2 under DG but I like this 1st 3 picks (Rashaan Gaulden )will start at FS from the start I like Norton pick & Hope he replaces Love but I don't think Butler will stay healthy & as for the rest I agree with the above I do hope we use them 

This feels like the Marty Hurney drafts of old to me. A few reasonable picks and the rest are head scratchers who will probably be out of the league in a few years and you’ll completely forget they ever existed. 

• Pie 1

Hurn Dog having a decent draft. Solid day one starters and solid depth. I'm worried about the C position seeing as Kalil is coming back from injury. Also it's his last year. I guess next year's draft we can take a top rated C. The secondary looks good. I hope they gel quickly.