• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

I've been kind of an asshole on this board the last month or so (ever since I was laid off). I've been drinking a lot, smoking hella trees, and doing coke so a lot of the times when I'm responding, I'm under the influence of something. I need to get a job, and I'm definitely gonna turn my life around starting today. 

I know a lot of you guys have wives and kids and are a lot more mature than I am. I'm sorry for coming at you sideways and thinking I have all the solutions to every problem in this world, b/c I don't. I've gained a lot of knowledge lurking in the tinderbox the last few months. A lot of ya'll be dropping straight knowledge, and I respect that about you guys. 

Hopefully chivalry isn't dead, and hopefully you can accept my apology. One love ya'll. 

Edited by E CaT PanTHer 2
  • Pie 5

2 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

I've been kind of an asshole on this board the last month or so (ever since I was laid off). I've been drinking a lot, smoking hella trees, and doing coke so a lot of the times when I'm responding, I'm under the influence of something. I need to get a job, and I'm definitely gonna turn my life around starting today. 

I know a lot of you guys have wives and kids and are a lot more mature than I am. I'm sorry for coming at you sideways and thinking I know all the solutions to every problem in this world, b/c I don't. I've gained a lot of knowledge lurking in the tinderbox the last few months. A lot of ya'll be dropping straight knowledge, and I respect that about you guys. 

Hopefully chivalry isn't dead, and hopefully you can accept my apology. One love ya'll. 

It looks like you have some things that need changing.  Much luck with that, I wish you success.

But, don't let those decisions hinge on a message boards approval, cause you won't get it here.  This is the place that wishes death on people they disagree with.  Fix yourself for yourself and the people around you, quit turning to the vices you have been using and remember that the Tbox is not therapeutic.  Just come back sometime a person who has thought through things.  As for your music, I am a blues guy, so I don't listen to any rap stuff.  You might be good, you might be terrible, I would not know.  Again, don't let the Tbox define anything in your life. 

• Pie 2

I'll second @stirs.  This is a horrible place, and we are some of the last people you need to ask for forgiveness or seek any kind of peace.  This is a place where we get in the fights we try to avoid with our family members during the holidays.

I do hope that you can find a better way to deal with your problems and issues.  Drugs and internet message boards are a toxic combination!  Find your happiness, and keep it close.

Good luck!

PS - We are all assholes here, 110% of the time.

• Pie 1

No worries dude. Focus on getting yourself together and finding worthwhile things that bring you fulfillment. Best of luck 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

I know a lot of you guys have wives and kids and are a lot more mature than I am. I'm sorry for coming at you sideways and thinking I have all the solutions to every problem in this world, b/c I don't. I've gained a lot of knowledge lurking in the tinderbox the last few months. A lot of ya'll be dropping straight knowledge, and I respect that about you guys. 

Being self aware is a good thing.  No problems with you.  All in good TB fun and time wasting. 

Not trying to lecture you with this....but probably  a good time to get the booze and drugs in check.  I know getting laid off is hella stressful.  Need to find another activity to keep your mind and body busy.  Gym? Music/rap? New hobby? Hope you find an outlet to devote more time to.

good luck bro.  

• Pie 3

I got laid off back in the 90s. It was one week after I moved into my new house, and my boss drove away in my company car. Took me five months to get another job....but it turned out to be the best one I ever had.

And at the time I was pretty down on myself, not working or supporting my family. I was a stay at home dad to my 3 year old daughter for that time, which as it turns out, was one of the best times of my life. It just took coming out the other end to see that clearly. No money but plenty of fun.

True story I wasn't doing a lot of substance use at that time but my buddy knew i was depressed and had me over for a smoke and a movie, of course I get my interview and a drug test the next week, I got that cleansing drink stuff and drank it all weekend ugh but it worked I guess lol

• Pie 4

Yeah don't worry about us, just get yourself straight & try not to have a heart attack at 40. I had a similar experience to CWG & it turned out to be the best thing that happened to my family.

• Pie 2

Been laid off, so I know what you’re going through. I was laid off a few years ago, right after the birth of my child. Talk about stress, but I ended up getting a job that I consider my dream job. I’m able to take myself and family anywhere in the world, and I will be able to expose my daughter to many different cultures. It all worked out for me, just like it will for you. My advice; get off the drugs. All of them. I became dependent on alcohol during my being laid off, and I’ve seen many people around me become dependent on drugs and alcohol due to depression. Find an alternative to help deal with your depression and sadness.

We’ve had our back and forths, and I don’t agree with your views at all, but I do pray things turn around for you. 

• Pie 3

yeah get hooked on a video game or something. just chill and collect yourself. good poo is down the road.

• Pie 2

Good luck buddy. Trade the drugs in for some pussy.

When one door closes, another opens. As others have stated, that often ends up being a door to something better than before.

• Pie 2

so uh... you're on unemployment smoking weed and snorting coke, a literal welfare queen

unless this thread is a denounciation of your shitty toxic hypocritical conservative politics you can get fuged

• Pie 7
  • The D 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 3

5 hours ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

Best of luck and avoid the drugs.  Why not do some productive community volunteer work at a shelter or food bank to get yourself out of the house and your mind off your problems?  It might provide some helpful perspective on how fortunate you really are compared to many people our society.

41 minutes ago, donttreadonme said:

Good luck buddy. Trade the drugs in for some pussy.

Rationalizations are more important than sex, but agreed, ditch the drug habit E Cat, no good can come from it.

38 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

so uh... you're on unemployment smoking weed and snorting coke, a literal welfare queen

unless this thread is a denounciation of your shitty toxic hypocritical conservative politics you can get fuged

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

Drop acid once, ditch the nose candy, get some great perspective from said acid, then find employment at a place you’ll feel appreciated and stuff. 

Also, no more Alex Jones!

• Pie 4