• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Curtis Samuel ....

Physically , Samuel looked like a running back.

This year he is built more like a receiver. Looks like he has slimmed down quite a bit. 

Intentional or result of the injury?

Really excited to see what the recieving corps will look like this year

I have a feeling because he was Gettleman's guy, Samuel will be on the outside looking in. And Byrd will be on PS. We have too many receivers. Hopefully Samuel will be open on deep throws.

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I have a feeling because he was Gettleman's guy, Samuel will be on the outside looking in. And Byrd will be on PS. We have too many receivers. Hopefully Samuel will be open on deep throws.

Byrd no longer PS eligible.  He either makes the team or gets a job.

1 minute ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

Slimmed down as shedding some body fat or losing some muscle mass?

Looks like maybe muscle mass but not sure. All of it in his torsoe and arms. Have a feeling it's intentional, gets faster.

11 minutes ago, RumHam said:

You don't cut 2nd round draft picks their second year. Obvious talent on a cheap contract. Worst case they say his healing isn't progressing and place him on IR again. 0% he isn't a Panther this year.

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

gl Damiere Byrd

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get playing time elsewhere if we release him. Would suck to see that happen. He was 100% our second best guy behind Funchess after the KB trade. Samuel looked OK but had some bad moments and the others looked awful. Byrd looked good when healthy, really needed him in the playoffs. 

This is the first time I can remember the top 6 WRs are set. The only question is if we keep 5 or 6

If we drop Byrd, we all know he's either going to Buffalo or the Gmen.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get playing time elsewhere if we release him. Would suck to see that happen. He was 100% our second best guy behind Funchess after the KB trade. Samuel looked OK but had some bad moments and the others looked awful. Byrd looked good when healthy, really needed him in the playoffs. 

My eyes agree with you but my gut says if he couldn't secure a spot on this WR group in recent years he ain't making it anywhere.