• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

1 hour ago, Car123 said:

The World Cup is the greatest sporting event.

I don't follow soccer but in terms if the world it's without a doubt true 

We have an MLS team here in Colorado. I honestly can't say I've ever heard it come up in conversation. Broncos? Constantly. Rockies? Nearly as much as the Broncos. Nuggets? Sure. Avs? Yeah. Rapids? Nope.

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is a sports section of the forum, keep this hobby banter in the lounge please

Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.”

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

Is the Irish Pub on Demonbruen still around these days?

to be honest, i moved up here in November so I dont know much other than Broadway.

29 minutes ago, 0115 said:

to be honest, i moved up here in November so I dont know much other than Broadway.

I left in May 2017. I know they have been talking about wiping demonbruen out for some time. You need to check out midtown and demonbreun before it’s gone. Broadway is for tourists. Your local, you go to midtown.

• Beer 1

MLS is a joke because they don’t have relegations and promotions.  Add relegations and promotions and watch the sport take off in the US.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, TPanther920 said:

I am glad you like soccer, seriously I am, obviously you are not alone........but if there was a puking emoji I would post it. I wouldn't kick a hog in the ass for every soccer team in the country

MLS is a subpar league. International soccer is far superior.

8 hours ago, ARSEN said:

MLS is a joke because they don’t have relegations and promotions.  Add relegations and promotions and watch the sport take off in the US.

With Uefa champions League,  Bundesliga,  and Mexican and South American Leagues. MLS is bottom tier. :/

I know absolutely nothing about soccer other than the fact that you use your feet to put a ball in a net, but if a MLS team came to the Carolinas (CLT or RDU), I'd prob check them out. 

I think MLS is way more likely to happen than a MLB team. 

Charlotte would be an ideal market for MLS, but sadly the movers and shakers in this city are ignorant of the energy having a team here would bring. Charlotte has the right population and demographics to absolutely embrace MLS. Such a shame.

David Tepper has the kind of wealth that if he wants an MLS team in Charlotte, there will be an MLS team in Charlotte.

I don't know about soccer... I mean who even watches or plays soccer anymore? Is it even a sport? I think a Professional MLB team would bring in more revenue than soccer.

• Beer 1

I hope a MLS team comes to RDU or CLT, most definitely. And, with the concussion issues in football (not that soccer is immune with the headers), I could see it growing in popularity.  Atlanta United games do pretty well.   I am sure it would be a lot of fun. 

MLS is the first truly successful pro soccer venture in the USA in my lifetime, at least.