• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

electro's horse

hackenburg traded to the raiders for a conditional seventh

Cool?? I guess??

Edited by Rags

Talented but entitled and lacks the ability to take criticism. He will be out of the league in 2 years.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He’s terrible. The funny thing is that the Buffalo Panthers just drafted his clone #7 overall.

Allen may bust but he’s a far better prospect than Hackenberg. Not even close IMHO whether you like Allen or not. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Allen may bust but he’s a far better prospect than Hackenberg. Not even close IMHO whether you like Allen or not. 

In what way? Both are prototypically sized guys with huge arms who can’t hit the broadside of a barn with a football. Hackenberg pit up better numbers against better competition. Allen put up very mediocre numbers against very mediocre competition. I’ll be shocked if he isn’t a huge bust. He should’ve been a 4th or 5th round developmental pick.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In what way? Both are prototypically sized guys with huge arms who can’t hit the broadside of a barn with a football. Hackenberg pit up better numbers against better competition. Allen put up very mediocre numbers against very mediocre competition. I’ll be shocked if he isn’t a huge bust. He should’ve been a 4th or 5th round developmental pick.

I have to agree. Guys with sub 60% in college rarely make it. When they have compensating qualities otherwise, they can succeed, but it’s rare and you still want to see completion percents at least above 58-59.  The even scarier thing is that his was against lower leve talent and when asked to do more, he looked worse.

many scouts were said to have heard teams weren’t even considering him but other teams had fallen for him. I think he is  going to bust but power to him. Maybe he wont. 

I can’t believe they passed Rosen for him. Hell, I would’ve taken rudolph over Allen.

• Pie 1

When the jets drafted him i knew it was a wasted 2nd round pick

• Pie 1

This is funny:

Raiders acquired QB Christian Hackenberg from the Jets in exchange for a 2019 conditional seventh-round pick.

A move too beautiful for words. Mere hours after criticizing the Jets' coaching staff for failing to fix his terrible mechanics, Hackenberg has been acquired by back-to-the-future coach Jon Gruden. Even in Gruden's prehistoric environment, Hackenberg will be facing almost impossible odds of making the roster, as evidenced by the Jets' "compensation." He starts out behind Derek Carr, E.J. Manuel and Connor Cook on the depth chart. One of the biggest draft reaches in recent memory — Hackenberg never looked like a legitimate prospect at Penn State before the Jets selected him with the No. 51 overall pick in 2016 — Hack is going to need a miracle to prolong his NFL career beyond 2018.
Related: Jets

Source: Jets on Twitter

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen Reminds me of blaine Gabbert

All off seson im wondering why is this guy getting so much hype

Edited by Palmetto

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Hackenberg albeit his freshman year produced playing against good competition whereas Allen did ehhh against average comp. 

16 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Hackenberg albeit his freshman year produced playing against good competition whereas Allen did ehhh against average comp. 

He also was throwing jump balls to Allen Robinson that year. Have to consider what the talent around them was if you’re going to use competition. I don’t think much of Allen, but Hackenburg fell off a cliff after his FR year. Shouldn’t have even kept starting at PSU. Only QB I’ve seen lose it faster was Jeremy Johnson at Auburn. 

Allen has a long way to go, but Hackenburg has been finished for awhile. 

• Pie 1