• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Professor Chaos

Report: Players league wide may be staging a coup

Some NFL players are considering sitting out until free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick and free-agent safety Eric Reid sign with new teams, The Intercept's Shaun King reported Sunday.

According to King, those throwing around the idea are hoping to get engagement from 25 percent of their fellow players across the league.

In 2016, Kaepernick helped spark a broader protest movement in the NFL when he began sitting and then kneeling during the national anthem in order to raise awareness about racial inequality and police brutality. Reid, who played with Kaepernick for four years, joined his teammate by kneeling.

Kaepernick has yet to agree to a new contract after voiding his deal with the 49ers in March 2017. He filed a grievance in October, saying teams have conspired to keep him out of the NFL as a result of his social advocacy.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reported documents that are part of the lawsuit showed multiple teams saw Kaepernick as a starting-caliber quarterback when he hit free agency ahead of the 2017 season.

Reid filed a grievance similar to Kaepernick's in early May. He remains unsigned despite finishing with 67 combined tackles and two interceptions in 13 games. The five-year veteran ranked ninth in Bleacher Report's year-end ranking of the top strong safeties in January.

In response to the protests, NFL owners approved a new policymandating players and team personnel must stand for the national anthem if they choose to leave the locker room. Players can stay in the locker room if they don't want to stand.

Reminder, this is a discussion about how this will effect the league, the Panthers, and quality of play for the upcoming NFL season, not a political discussion

If this ends up actually happening it could make or break a lot of teams seasons. 

• Pie 3

Also don't forget Kaepernick also initially wouldn't even discuss playing for a team unless he was a starter.   While there may have been many teams that viewed him as a starting QB (hahaha right) I would put money on it that all of those teams already had a starting QB far better than CK. 

When those players start a coup.  They'll lose money for each game missed.   I wouldn't be surprised if borderline players that participate will end up being released.  

Outside JP who stayed in the locker room once the Panthers haven't had an issue with the kneeling.  

The players will cut their own throats by doing it.   The NFL will lose more fans and less revenue.  Less revenue means lower salary caps. 

Just Shut the Hell up and either stand or stay in the locker room.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 5
  • Poo 4

Oh I'd love this poo show

But it ain't gonna happen

9 minutes ago, peteywheatstraw said:

Sign them both.  We need a starting safety, and a backup qb.  Plus it would be a big FU to the league for shitting on us for years.  I know it's a fairytale and would never happen, but I just want to win, and don't care if the players kneel or stand over competing for a superbowl.  I know I'll get poo on for this but fug it.  I'll be standing in my seats though.

Reed Yes...Kaepernick Fk NO

• Pie 9
  • Poo 5

19 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Reed Yes...Kaepernick Fk NO

I agree because of the type of attention you don't wont on your team.  He and his gf.  I just want the politics out of football.  I'm there to be entertained, and want a championship. I think kap would be a good backup, but I definitely understand all the drama that comes with it, and would prefer he wasn't on my team.  Plus he may try to get in other players ears, and turn the whole thing to a poo show.  I was mostly just saying it because how the league has fugged us over yearly. 

• Pie 2
  • 28-3 1

this could really make the anthem protests even more interesting. I said this is one of the other threads that were locked, but you people who think that the NFL “resolved” or “fixed” the “problem” are wrong. Not to mention the Don-tard’s comments were way out of line. Both of these were just fuel to fire. 

Also seeing and reading a lot of “uhh well if you hit these militant players in their checkbook this will make them quit disrespecting the troops and the flag” - sure, a third string tackle or fringe special teams player may be intimidated by the threat of a financial penalty, but the legitimate “stars” and big time players, I don’t really think a fine or game check is going to make much of a difference. Not to mention it’s going to hurt the teams a lot more than it will a players bank account.

Also, on this Memorial Day, I encourage you crybabies on here who have been crying and whining about “dem kneelerz been disrepectering our TROOPZ and duh flag” to go donate your time and money to one of the numerous organizations here to help out troops returning home, the families of troops on deployment, and the families of troops who didn’t make it home. Talk is cheap! 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 6
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, peteywheatstraw said:

I agree because of the type of attention you don't wont on your team.  He and his gf.  I just want the politics out of football.  I'm there to be entertained, and want a championship. I think kap would be a good backup, but I definitely understand all the drama that comes with it, and would prefer he wasn't on my team.  Plus he may try to get in other players ears, and turn the whole thing to a poo show.  I was mostly just saying it because how the league has fugged us over yearly. 

U can’t take politics out of sports. It’s not gonna happen - ever. In any sport, anywhere in the world.  Sports are a microcosm of our society. Either accept it or don’t watch. 

• Pie 6
  • Poo 6
  • 28-3 1

IMO anyone supporting Donal Trump, GOP & NFL should be deported to Moscow for their fake patriotism and racist way,

I really hope all of y’all burn in Hell.

*Mod edit: this kind of thing will get you banned like it did this guy. Keep this hate talk out of the forum*

• Pie 3
  • The D 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 17
  • 28-3 1

3 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

IMO anyone supporting Donal Trump, GOP & NFL should be deported to Moscow for their fake patriotism and racist way,

I really hope all of y’all burn in Hell.

I def think there is a lot of fake patriotism associated with Trump and many of the GOP. It’s smoke and mirrors. I mean, Comrade Donald doesn’t even have an American wife. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 7

Players wkn

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Didn't even make it 10 posts

The usual no life suspects just can't help themselves. But since this is their wet dream scenario, can't blame them for their little circle jerk. 

• Pie 5

I’m all for the players sitting out voluntarily. It will really f up some teams and really piss some people off who want players to just “shut up and dribble’” 

football is not more important than our society and standing up for what you believe in 

• Pie 7