Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Fox

What the fuck has John Kasay ever done for us?

120 posts in this topic

Its odd that people are ripping Kasay, but not saying a word about Steve Smith's key penalty. Without that penalty, we might have been much closer.

if it wasnt for the wind, the kick would have gone straight down the pipes, he can't do much more than he did, plus it was a 50 yarder.

:confused: What did I say that ticked you off?

not you, the coach. i need to start quoting people.:banghead:

i think fox dropped his gum and hit a tooth the wrong way

Oh right, kicking the ball out of bounds in the Superbowl and missing the most important field goal of the entire franchises history.

He's the kicker version of Tony Romo, puts up pretty stats, then chokes when it matters. f*ck you nutthuggers. :banghead:

Thanks for proving that you're a dumb fug.

he completely misjudged it. needed the wind to completely die down as it was in the air, as he started it straight down the pipe, into a cross wind. cant do that. had plenty of leg.

I personally thought he should've aimed it more to the right. But then again, I knew about the wind conditions as he was kicking it; I'm not sure if he gets all the information on crosswinds or what.

Anyway, am I the only one who noticed that he had to stop, then start again? Had something to do with the snap and the setup. I that could've screwed him up a bit. Either way, he missed. It happens.

Its odd that people are ripping Kasay, but not saying a word about Steve Smith's key penalty. Without that penalty, we might have been much closer.

Are you kidding? That's all everyone has been saying here tonight. It was stupid, yes, but they are also lucky that play didn't end in more disaster than it did. I think Smith thought the play was over after it was botched like that and went to town.

Kasay has missed the two most important kicks of his career. I hope he gets the chance to change that this year.

Kasay has missed the two most important kicks of his career. I hope he gets the chance to change that this year.

It appears that the most important kicks of your career are also the most difficult (hence why they are important - if it was an easy kick then it's usually not labelled as important). OK OK, maybe the first one was ridiculous, but this one can't really be blamed on him. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I started a thread on this late last night (early this morning). While I think Kasay has done a great deal for this franchise, he is at his worst in big games. That is unfortunately a fact.

Really? That kick is not what cost us the game. Poor play calling and playing it safe, the d-line without Kemo, and a couple penalties at the wrong time. Honestly it turned when we had to start on the 1 and they, in return, got good field position on the next drive.

Are you serious? I was disappointed that Kasay missed but not surprised. With the length of the kick and the wind that was a very difficult kick. But think about it, if Coach Fox had decided to forego the kick and try to keep driving it down the field you would be pissed at him and questioning his sanity for not relying on Kasay to finish the game for us. Bottom line, it was Fox's call and I think he made the right one. Make the FG, game over; miss, rely on our D to stop them and we get another shot. We just didn't anticipate being run over on their last posession.

Oh right, kicking the ball out of bounds in the Superbowl and missing the most important field goal of the entire franchises history.

He's the kicker version of Tony Romo, puts up pretty stats, then chokes when it matters. f*ck you nutthuggers. :banghead:

Kasay is a great kicker! However, even though you will get crucified for this thread, the Superbowl kickoff and now the botched FG with home field advantage on the line are permanently etched into the minds of many loyal panther fans.