• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Shocker

World Cup General Discussion

52 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I think the Euro Cup is harder to win than the World Cup. In the Euro there is nothing but good teams you have to face. While in the World Cup you're playing Saudia Arabia, Nigeria, Egypt, etc. Its about to get worse, as the field will expand to 48 teams in 2026. 

I do not disagree with that.  My feelings are specific to that Euro because third place teams advancing is a joke and their ninety minute record was a win and six draws.  That does not impress me. 

Germany is making a ton of mental errors. Werner is all over the field.  Multiple times on German counterattacks Ozil was a forward...  They need to get their poo together.

I was really concerned in the lead up to this tournament with how they were playing.  This is embarrassing

4 minutes ago, Goondal said:

I was really concerned in the lead up to this tournament with how they were playing.  This is embarrassing

Not sure what Werner is doing out there.  His current rating is 5.5.....

3 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Not sure what Werner is doing out there.  His current rating is 5.5.....

That is being kind

1 minute ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Meanwhile, Leroy Sane sits at home. His pace would blow this game wide open for Germany. Still shaking my head at that decision. 

Ozil was shifted to DM.  Makes no sense.

Werner... mistake after mistake.

PS. Werner rating dropped to almost 5... almost the same rating as getting a red card in first half.

Edited by ARSEN

Switzerland could eventually be the hidden winner here if this leads to Germany finishing second in the group allowing them to get Mexico in Ro16 

Hypothetical... 

-Mexico manages four more points to top the group. 

-Portugal does enough goals to finish ahead of Spain.

-Croatia gets a result against Argentina to top the group. 

All of a sudden one side of the bracket has Uruguay, Spain, France, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, and Belgium.  Meanwhile teams like Croatia are sitting on the other side like "holy poo!" 

Very happy for Mexico they played their aces off today

Edited by Shocker

...and exhale! Overall I’m happy with England’s performance. 1 or 2 changes to the line-up, particularly Rashford in for Sterling, and we can take Panama to the cleaners.

5 hours ago, Trev_GFC said:

...and exhale! Overall I’m happy with England’s performance. 1 or 2 changes to the line-up, particularly Rashford in for Sterling, and we can take Panama to the cleaners.

England looked very good.  Very fluid with good chemistry.  I think this is one of the better English teams in a while.  Could of easily been a blow out.

Well my Russia and Uruguay to advance from Group A bet is looking good.

Edited by Goondal